The efficiency of Outlook goes beyond just managing your professional emails. It can save notes, schedule your meetings, manage your address book, and creating specific tasks. When you are handling a project, then creating the task. Later, you can also assign it to other people who will work together to complete the task and report it to you.
Here is how you can create and assign the task;
- Start Outlook application and select New Items>>Task.
- Input the Subject, Start Date, Due Date, Status, and Priority. To assign the same task to other users, then click the option Assign Task.
- Input the team member’s email IDs of the users. You can input the account of more than one team member. Click Send.
- If you want to assign the same task multiple times, then you can choose to recur the task using the recurrence option. Click the recurrence icon.
- In the Task recurrence window, use the various options like recurrence pattern (recurrence based on Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly), range of recurrence (Start Date, End Date, End After, No End Date.)
- After setting the recurrence of your task, click the Send button again.
- You can click the 'Skip Occurrence' and stop the task from occurring again.
- Now, you can click the tasks option and see the ongoing task.
Click the task.
- When you select the task, then you can see its progress, its due date, owner, and other details. After completion of the task, you can click 'Mark Complete' and fulfill the task.
After creating the task in your team, your next job is to monitor the task and perform some management duties. For example, you will need to get a constant update of the task, the progress of the task, and if the person rejects the task due to any reason. Then you will need to reassign the task to another person.
Actually, when you create a task and assign it to another person, then that person becomes a temporary owner of the task. The user can either accept it, reject it, or assign it to another person. When the user rejects the task, then it returns to the owner.
Here are some important tasks that the owner can commit for any task;
Forward the task to another user to track.
- Select the task that you want to forward to other users.
- Follow Task>>Manage Task>>Forward.
- Input the recipient's email address in the To and Cc input boxes.
- Click the Send button to forward the task.
Track the assigned tasks.
There are three methods to track the tasks;
Receive automated status reports.
- Click the 'Options' under the Tools menu. Go to Task Options.
- Check the box 'Keep updated copies of assigned tasks on my task list.'
- Also, select the box 'Send status reports when assigned tasks are completed.'
View the assigned tasks.
- Click the Tasks and follow View>>Current view>>Assignment.
View the list of users who get updated tasks.
- Select the task and go to its Details tab and check the names in the Update list box.
Accept/Reject the assigned task
- Select the task or the requested task.
- At the Manage Task group, click either Accept or Decline.
- Perform any of the following action;
- Click 'Edit the response before sending.' Input your message and click Send.
- Click 'Send the response now.'
Send the status report or make a comment on the task assignment.
- Select the task, go to the task tab in the Manage Task. Select either Send Status report, Reply, or Reply All.
- Input the email address of the recipient in the To and Cc input boxes.
NOTE: If the task had been assigned to you, then the name of the recipient will add automatically.
- Type your message and click Send.
Creating the task in the Outlook increases the magnitude of the productivity of your business, and you can constantly monitor your tasks and their progress. But, if you lost your data in the PST file due to any corruption, then its tasks will also be irrecoverable. The solution to your problem will be Kernel for Outlook PST Repair which can recover every single item including the email messages, contacts, notes, journals, and tasks. The task will be recovered in full health and you can see its content, recipients, progress, and reports.