Steps to fix Outlook Error 0x80040600
Often, when user utilizes ‘Send-Receive’ option to refresh the Microsoft Outlook emails, below shown error erupts on computer screen:
This error stops all the Outlook activities to continue and unable user from accessing any Outlook related file or folder. It can occur on any version of MS Outlook. User can primarily use inbuilt tools like ‘scanpst.exe’ to fix this issue. Follow the below mentioned steps to get rid of this error:
- Close Outlook in order to Run the inbox Repair Tool (SCANPST.EXE)
- Click the Search option from Start menu and type the following command to locate the scanpst.exe repair tool:
- Open SCANPST.EXE and click Browse to locate the affected or corrupted Outlook PST file
- Click the Scan button to start the recovery process
- A message will prompt on screen, asking to create a backup, click OK and continue
Causes that lead to Outlook Error 0x80040600
Outlook error 0x80040600 occurs generally due to overloaded PST files. Every MS Outlook version has its limit to store PST files, which should be maintained and kept a check time to time. When user exceeds the storage capacity of PST files then either gets corrupted or omitted automatically then eventually displays this particular error 0x80040600. This error can also occur due to virus attack on the user’s personal system or due to the utilization of improper or corrupted external device or software.
Methods to prevent Error 0x80040600
- Maintain a regular backup of PST files. This is necessary and useful at the time of version upgrade or file recovery
- As soon as you suspect PST file corruption first handedly, look for the potential remedy and avoid abrupt application closure as much as possible
- Remove unnecessary emails and data carried by PST files and folders to prevent full storage limit issues
- Keep a check on antivirus program’s updates and use only authenticated softwares
- Close your MS Outlook application, then all other running apps and avoid abrupt system closure
- Modify the storage limit of PST files in the versions providing this facility otherwise never exceed them above 2GB limit
The above-mentioned methods to prevent MS Outlook corruption issues are highly beneficial. If user encounters Outlook errors, even after following the prevention rules then, you can very well opt third party PST repair tool. Kernel for Outlook PST repair software is prominent software possessing similar capabilities. It fixes the persisting error and produces fresh PST files immediately. Checkout below mentioned steps the software follows for instant recovery of affected PST files:
- Download software setup and launch the software.
- Choose either Browse option (known location) or Search option (unknown location) to locate the PST files.
- After selecting the source of PST file, select Repair multiple or Repair single file option as per requirement.
- Select Recovery mode and click Finish button to begin the recovery process.
- Software will Scan and fix the error 0x80040600 then, enlist the recovered PST files in hierarchical manner.
- Click Preview option to verify the file contents and attributes.
- Select Save button and choose desired file format from Select Output type option to save the recovered files.
Following these option users will retrieve 100%complete PST files and can then access Outlook files flawlessly.