Outlook and Yahoo are two email clients and are considered as tough competitors in the market. But sometimes, due to unavoidable reasons, user switch from one email client to another. Outlook is an outstanding platform for email exchange, but one may consider Yahoo for several other benefits.
Benefits to Switch to Yahoo
- The first and foremost reason to use Yahoo mail over Outlook is that it is completely free and easily accessible. For Outlook you need to buy the whole Microsoft Office Suite.
- With Yahoo, you get the chance to explore and experience the renowned social networking sites like Tumblr and Flickr. Not to forget that these too come at no cost.
- Its Norton Antivirus protects your data from any sort of virus attack. So, no need to worry about data corruption and loss due to malware.
- Yahoo comes with as much space as 1TB, so there is no need to delete emails. With this much capacity, you can store bulk emails at no cost.
- PST requires space on your system, which ultimately affects your hard drive. But Yahoo is completely web-based and stores all the emails in the cloud. So, whether it is Yahoo’s emails or the PST you import to Yahoo, it gets saved on cloud and does not occupy your hard disk.
- Yahoo allows you to search anything from the web. You can search for news, technology, questions or anything with Yahoo’s search tab.
How to Import PST to Yahoo Mail?
- Import PST to Yahoo using Import Outlook Method
- Import PST in Yahoo with Kernel for Outlook PST Repair
Import PST to Yahoo using Import Outlook Method
To import PST files manually from Outlook in Yahoo mail, you first need to link your Yahoo id with Outlook. Once you are done with connecting both the accounts, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the File on the upper left corner of Outlook and select Open & Export option.
- Choose the action “Import from another program or file” and click on Next.
- Select the file type, which is PST. So, select Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on Next.
- Click on the Browse button and select your file from the location. From the options mentioned, select the preferable one as per your requirement. Click on Next to proceed.
- Select where you want to import your items and from the drop-down, select the linked Yahoo email id. Click on Finish.
Import PST in Yahoo with Kernel for Outlook PST Repair
Manual methods are always tedious and time taking, while automated method can save you a lot of time and efforts. Kernel for Outlook PST Repair is automated and hassle-free medium to import PST in Yahoo. Let’s see how:
- Click on Select File and in the source File Selection window, click on Browse button. Select “Recover Single File” or “Recover Multiple File” as per your requirement.
- Now, select the PST file and click on Open.
- Click on Next.
- On the next window, you will see the Process Information, click on Finish.
- Now, click on the Yahoo in saving options on the right-hand side of the screen.
- In the Select Output Type, Yahoo will be automatically selected. Click on Next to proceed.
- In the next step, apply the filter as per your requirements. It is not mandatory though, click on Next to proceed.
- In the next window, enter your login credentials and apply saving preferences. Click on Finish to complete the process.
- You will see the processing of your data.
- Click on Ok to finish.
We have already discussed the importance of Yahoo mail and the process to import PST in Yahoo. After performing both methods, i.e., manual and automated method, I, as a user realized that automated method was much easier and quicker. Before performing manual export, I first had to link my Yahoo mail to Outlook, only then I could proceed to perform further. While with Kernel for Outlook PST Repair, I faced no such problem. It was a smooth and hassle-free process, besides it helps with other PST related issues and is considered as one of the best PST repair tools to restore corrupt PST files. Trial version helps you to understand the software before you decide to buy it.