Mozilla Thunderbird is a multidimensional platform that renders services like emailing, RSS Feeds, and client chat. The platform is open-source which is free to download and install without any technical assistance like other downloadable software. It is best used by MAC systems, but sometimes some technical issues hamper the email functionality of the application. Moreover, other minor issues like installation problems, issues with send/receive of emails, the frequent appearance of error messages, recurrence of deleted emails, unable to display the user profile, and PST corruption are also the participating issues in Thunderbird email client.
Usually, Thunderbird stores entire data such as emails, messages, Address Book and configuration Settings in the operating system’s folder – Profile. If Thunderbird has been freshly installed in the system, then the Profile account is automatically created. The destination path for profiles in Mac system is:
Sometimes the MBOX files of Thunderbird email client is not accessible. To access them, assistance from a third-party tool like Kernel for MBOX to PST is required. This third-party software converts MBOX files of Thunderbird to Outlook PST without compromising on the content quality and folder hierarchy.
To convert the MBOX files to PST file format, the following steps are required to be followed:
- Launch Kernel for MBOX to PST Converter on your system.
- Select mode to add files for the conversion task. Typically, to add more than a single MBOX file, select the “Select File(s)” option. And to import an entire folder containing MBOX files, choose the “Select Folder” option.
- Click the “+” button to navigate to the directory containing the Thunderbird MBOX files.
The interface also provides an “x” button to eliminate the files that are selected unintentionally and need not be migrated.
- Select the MBOX files you wish to migrate and click Open.
- Click Finish to complete adding the files.
- As soon as you click the Finish button, a preview of emails and other mailbox items associated with the MBOX files are displayed on your screen. You can view the content of each email just by clicking it. Now, to save the required file, click on the Save button located at the top left corner of the interface. The tool also provides Savings Options located at the extreme right corner of the interface.
- From the Savings Options window, select PST (MS Outlook) as the output type to save your data file. Click Next.
- Choose appropriate filters to save specific data from your converted PST. Click Next if you don’t wish to make any changes to the converted PST file.
- If your PST is large, you can split your file into two individual PST files. In the Manage Recovered PST window, you can split the PST into two different proportions. Also, you can add a prefix to the file name of your converted PST. Now, all of these are optional changes, if you don’t require to split your PST and add a prefix, click Next anyways.
- Click Browse to provide a destination path to save the converted PST file.
- Select the destination path to save the converted PST and click on the OK button.
- Click Finish.
- You will be notified by the tool that your converted PST is saved to the specified location.