It is officially known that Outlook 2007 is not supported or recommended in use with Office 365. The reason behind such declaration is that the support for Outlook 2007 is already in ‘extended phase’, which clearly means that Microsoft will continue to provide support for security patches but will not include any bug fixes.
To link Outlook 2007 with Office365, Outlook 2007 makes use of Autodiscover to automatically execute settings in Exchange Server. However, if in any case Autodiscover does not work, there is a manual method to configure Outlook 2007 in Office 365.
To employ manual method to configure Outlook 2007 in Office 365, user has to follow the steps mentioned below:
Manually Configure Outlook.
- Determine the mailbox server name and proxy server URL by these steps:
- Sign-in to Office 365.
- Open Outlook Web App by clicking Outlook.
- Click Help, followed by About.
- On About page, locate and note down mailbox server name and host name.
- Post determination of mailbox server name and host name, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Mail.
- Click Show Profile -> Add.
- Declare the profile name and then click OK.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box followed by Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange followed by Next.
- Enter server name in server box.
- Ensure selection of Use Cached Exchange Mode option.
- Enter User Name and click More Settings.
- Click Connection tab.
- Make sure that the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box is selected then click Exchange Proxy Settings.
- In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange box, enter proxy server URL, which has been obtained in previous steps.
- Make sure that Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate check box is selected, followed by typing msstd: outlook.com.
- Select On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box, followed by On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP check box.
- Under Proxy authentication settings select Basic Authentication.
- Click OK twice.
- Check NAMES of server and user name followed by Next.
- Click Finish.
With these steps user can easily configure Outlook 2007 in Office 365 without assistance from any third-party tool - Kernel for Outlook PST Repair. Thus, according to use, user can configure the email client, Outlook 2007 keeping in mind the minimum system requirements for making such configuration successful.