Web mails like Gmail are widely used by small businesses for email communication because of its integration to many business productivity applications like Google Drive, Google Docs, and more. However, as most of the emails coming in and going out through Gmail are critical for the business process, many organizations want to back up this data in a local drive.
In this article, I would talk about how we can transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook 2016/2013. There are two methods:
- Manual Method to Transfer Emails From Gmail to Outlook 2016/2013
- Backup Gmail Data in PST Using a Professional Tool (Kernel Gmail Backup)
Download automated tool Kernel Gmail Backup to transfer or backup emails from Gmail to Outlook 2016/2013.
Download Free 100% SECURE
To Backup G Suite data including Hangout Chats, Google Drive Data, Contacts, Calendar, Mail, etc. to Outlook, try Kernel G Suite Backup Tool.
Manual Method to Transfer Emails From Gmail to Outlook 2016/2013
Here we discuss about how we can manually transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook 2016/2013. The steps we need to follow given below:
- Select File menu in the Outlook app (Outlook 2016/2013).
- In the File menu, select Add Account.
- A new Auto Account Setup page will open wherein you need to enter your name, Gmail address and password and then choose Next.
- Now, click Finish. And you would see that Outlook got sync with your Gmail account. The emails in your Gmail account will appear in Outlook.
- Now, Choose File menu and go to Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Now choose Export to a file and click Next.
- Now choose Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
- Now you have to select the account you want to export by choosing the name and Gmail address; also check Include subfolders to ensure ensures copying of complete data or mails. And then choose Next.
- Now Browse to select the saving location and to name the recovered PST file. And then select Finish.
These steps will allow you to backup or transfer emails from Gmail to Outlook 2016/2013. But there are some problems which may occur during this process. And these problems might delay your process. Some errors are:
Login error: While filling your username and password, you may repeatedly be prompted for credentials. It happens when you enter wrong password, when you use a new computer for login, or when you are using Gmail after a long time. To fix this issue, you have to select Cancel till the prompt stops appearing. Also, you can use your old computer for the Add account process.
Security settings in Gmail: Sometimes, you may not able to access your Gmail messages in Outlook and get an error message saying “Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following…” To fix this error, you can go to your Gmail account and ensure that Allow less security settings is set to ON and then follow the above steps to add the account.
Backup Gmail Data in PST Using a Professional Tool
If you are looking for an easy backup option, then you can try a third-party tool to do so. Kernel Gmail Backup is such a renowned backup tool that eases the backup experience of IMAP users. The tool supports multiple email clients for IMAP backup like Gmail, Zimbra, Yahoo Mail, AWS, Outlook, Zoho Mail, etc. To backup G Suite data including Emails, Contacts, Calendar & Google Drive files/folders, get Kernel G Suite Backup Tool. Let’s run the Kernel Gmail Backup tool and know how it works:
- In the home screen, click on the Add button to add the Gmail IMAP account.
- On the right side, you will find the Server Name, Port number, Authentication, and other details for your email client. Enter those details along with your credentials and click on Add to proceed.
- Once the account is linked successfully, click on Set Filter and Migrate option.
Note: If you want to add multiple IMAP accounts, you can do so by clicking on the Add button.
- Apply filters for the backup process, as needed. You can choose between many options like Date, Item type, Include/Exclude folder, etc. as per your requirement. Once you have selected everything, click on I am Ok, Start Migration.
- Select the PST format from the list of formats and click on OK.
- In the next step, provide a destination to the file and click on OK.
- And the process will start; the tool will show you the progress of the process. Wait for it to finish.
- Once the process is over, click on OK to finish.
Your Gmail IMAP backup is now ready in Outlook PST format. So, this is how you can create IMAP backup of any email client with Kernel Gmail Backup tool. The steps involved in the process were easy.