Tips to Change the Display Name in Outlook
Outlook, Microsoft’s flagship email and communication manager, has now become a powerful tool which is capable of managing the received and sent email messages. One of the most robust features of the Outlook is the capability to handle contacts and its uncountable options to customize.
What sometimes happens is that after installing Outlook, many of you might have the desire of customizing the settings that help determine how your information appears when seen by your recipients who view your outgoing messages. Outlook provides you with the ability to set or change the email display name so that you can set names which might seem more informal. This means you can add or put in your nicknames.
But how can you do that? Well’ it’s easy! All you need to follow some simple steps which we shall explain in a short while in the following paragraphs. However, the steps to change the display name varies depending upon the particular version of Outlook you are using.
For the Recent Versions:
- Open Outlook.
- Now, select File, then go to Account Settings. From the dropdown, select Account Settings.
- Select the email account of which, the display name you wish to change. Then select Change.
- Now, change your name on the Account Settings screen. To do that, you need to update your name field. Keep the default values as they are (unless you need to change them). When you’ve finished doing this, Click on Next. Now, select Close and then return to Outlook.
- Open Outlook and then click on File,
- Go to the Info tab, click Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the email account, of which you wish to change the display name. Now, click Change.
- Under the User Information, on Your Name, type the name in the way you wish it to look to those who are the recipients of your email messages.
For Outlook 2007
To change your display name on Outlook 2007, you should be following the below-mentioned procedures:
- Open Outlook.
- Click on Account Settings on the Tools menu.
- On the E-mail tab, choose your Internet service provider (ISP), and click Change.
- Under the User Information, in Your Name box, type your name as you would wish it to appear to the email recipients.
- Having done that, click on Next, and then click on Finish.
How to view PST emails without Outlook?
Many people think that Outlook is mandatory to view PST emails. But it is not so. If you don’t have Outlook, you require a third-party Outlook PST viewer tool such as Kernel for PST Viewer. The Tool has several exciting features that set it apart from many other companies and brands. The features are as follows:
- Helps in opening both, healthy as well as corrupt PST files
- Permits its users to view all the folders keeping the original hierarchy intact.
- Presents you with an opportunity to view Emails or Contacts, Calendars, etc.
- Enables the users to open Email attachments
- Helps you to view your deleted items which are visible in Red.
- Allows you to filter for those emails by criteria like ‘Subject,’ ‘From,’ ‘To,’ and ‘Date.’
- Endows you with the Search option and find items
- Generates numerous reports on PST files
- Enables users to view the complete properties of the items
- Open any number of PST files, without having to pay a single penny.
These features or benefits make it especially important and worthy of being the first preference for users. Here are the steps:
- Launch Tool after downloading.
- Browse to select the file you need. Click Next.
- Read the Process Information from the window. Click Finish.
- Now select a particular folder from Folder Tree located on the left. Now take a preview of the chosen item. Click on it to view its content.
We have seen how to change your display name in Outlook. We must realize how important it is to show a good display name. We hope you’ve found the help you needed by reading our write-up.