EML is a standard file extension for electronic emails, which is widely used by Outlook Express and other standard email programs. But, as technology is evolving, users are also moving towards more flexible platforms. That’s why many end users want their EML files in their Office 365 account.
You might be aware of the fact that, PST files are readily accessible in all versions of Outlook. Also, they can be imported to Office 365 account as well. So, in this blog, we are going to discuss how you can convert your EML file to PST quickly both manually and with an automated solution.
Methods to Convert EML to PST
Generally, there are two possible procedures, one is manual and other is automated. Let’s have a slight look at these approaches:
- Manual Procedure to Export Windows Live Mail EML to PST/Office 365
- A Simpler Way to Export EML/EMLX to PST and Office 365(Kernel for EML to PST)
Download Kernel for EML to PST, an automated tool to Export Windows Live Mail EML files directly to Office 365 and avoid complication of manual procedure.
Manual Procedure to Export Windows Live Mail EML to PST/Office 365
In case of Manual procedure, there are two steps to follow. First, you need to export Windows Live Mail emails to PST format, and then import these PST files to Office 365. Checkout the below steps to understand the process better.
- Step 1: Open Windows Live Mail. Click File > Export Email, and then select Email Messages.
- Step 2: Choose Microsoft Exchange from the Select Program list and click Next.
- Step 3: A new message window will appear on screen for confirming the exportation of messages. Click on OK to proceed.
- Step 4: Select the folders files and folders you want to export from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook and click OK.
- Step 5: A window will appear on screen showing the progress of the EML to PST conversion process.
- Step 6: An EML to PST conversion process completion message will appear on screen; click the Finish button.
- Step 7: Login into the Office 365 account.
- Step 8: In the Import page (of Data governance), create new job to upload data to Office 365 Azure storage location.
- Step 9: Now, copy and save the network upload SAS URL.
- Step 10: Download and install Azure AzCopy tool and run it.
- Step 11: Use the command prompt to upload the PST files (from a shared location) to Office 365 using the AzCopy.exe tool (optionally, you can view the PST files using Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer).
- Step 12: Create a CSV file having the details of mailboxes (in the Microsoft recommended format).
- Step 13: Create a PST import job (validating the CSV file that has been created).
- Step 14: Finally, import PST files to Office 365 (filter the PST file data if required).
A Simpler Way to Export EML/EMLX to PST and Office 365
- Step 1: Launch Kernel for EML to PST Converter and click the Find button.
- Step 2: Select the required EML/EMLX files and folders using the Browse button or search for them using the Search button.
- Step 3: Uncheck the unnecessary files and folders from the list. Click OK.
- Step 4: Preview the EML files and their content before saving.
- Step 5: Specify the conversion rule to save only the required items.
- Step 6: Follow any one of the steps as per the requirement:
- Select Save in PST option to save the EML/EMLX files in PST file format. Either create a new PST file or save in existing PST file as per requirement.
- Select Save in Office 365 option in order to save the files on Office 365. Provide the Office 365 credentials and click Save button to finish the process.
Converting EML to PST and then migrating it to Office 365 could be a complicated process if you don’t know the process. Thus, to help users understand how they can convert their EML files to PST manually, we have created this blog. We also recommended an automated solution that can be used to convert EML to PST. And if you are willing to migrate PST to Office 365 directly, then you can opt for Kernel Import PST to Office 365 utility.