Read time 6 min
Name in Outlook plays an important role, as every mail you send to anyone by Outlook goes by the name you have set for your account. There are many reasons why someone wants to change their Outlook name, and it is very to do so. This blog is dedicated to the same reason, and we are going to discuss how you can change your name with or without Outlook.
Change Your Name with Outlook
- Change ‘Your Name’ in Outlook 2010 or Newer VersionsIf you are using Outlook 2013 or newer versions, which is most like possible, then you need to follow below-mentioned steps. Here we are using Outlook 2016.
- Start with clicking on the File tab on the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the Info tab click on the Account Settings drop-down and click on the Accounts Settings.
- A dialogue of Account Settings will open, where, in the Email tab you need to select the email account, of which name you want to change. Select the email account and click on Change.
- Now, in the ‘Your Name’ box enter the name you desire and click on Next.
- Once you click on next, the Outlook will run the test. Once the tests are completed, click on Close.
- At last, you will get the notification that ‘We have all the information we need to set up your account.’ Click on Finish there, and your name is changed.
- Change Your Name in Outlook 2007If you are using Outlook 2007, then the process will be slightly different for you. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change your name.
- Start with clicking on the Tools option.
- From the menu, select Account Settings.
- In the Account Settings dialogue box select E-mail tab, click on your account and then click on the Change button.
- In the Change E-mail Account dialogue box, enter your name in the User Information box.
- Click on Next to proceed, and then click Finish when the changes are done.
- Change Your Name without OutlookAnother way of changing the name is by changing it without using Outlook. For this you need to perform it through Control Panel, let’s see how:
- Open Control Panel, by clicking on the Control Panel button listed in the Start menu.
- Now, click on the Mail, if your view settings are set on Large Icons.
- Now select Email Accounts.
- Under the Email tab, select your account and click on Change.
- Now enter your name in User Information and click on Next.
- Once the testing is done click on Close.
- Click on Finish to complete.
So, here is how you can change ‘Your Name’ in Outlook by using various methods. Now, this problem is sorted, but what about other Outlook related issues? If you are using Outlook, it is obvious that you may face some other technical issues in the near future, especially related to PST. PST plays an important role in Outlook, and anything wrong with PST can give you nightmares about your data and stuff. So, is there any full-fledged solution for this? Yes, there is.
Kernel Outlook Suite
Kernel Outlook Suite is a one-stop solution for all PST related issues as well as assistance. It is comprised of four different PST related software, and they are Kernel for Outlook PST Repair, Kernel for PST Compress & Compact, Kernel for PST Split, and Kernel for Outlook Duplicates. These tools perform functions like Repairing, Recovering and Restoring corrupt PST, Split large sized PST, Compact and Compress PST files, Export PST to Email servers and different formats, and remove duplicate entries from the PST files. It performs all these functions for PST along with all of its attachments and is compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows.
Kernel Outlook Suite comprises some of the most important software that are beneficial for Outlook users in multiple ways. All the software work separately and you can use them whenever you require a specific task. It can increase the productivity level of Outlook by managing the PST file and completing the desired action.