Spicebird can be considered as a personal information manager, which is open-sourced. It provides instant messaging, swift emailing, and calendaring functionalities to its users. In addition, Spicebird is integrated with Jabber chat, which allows its users to connect to other Jabber-based chat clients. However, the official support for Spicebird ceased after version 0.8, which means that the existing version is outdated
Given below are some prominent features of Spicebird client:
- Unicode support.
- Message tagging with multiple identities.
- Perfect support for skins and plug-ins.
- Time zone previewing in a Calendar item.
- Subscribing facility to web calendar using iCal.
- Direct blog posting from the client.
Even though numerous features are available with the Spicebird client, the lack of official support has made it non-existing in the current scenario. Nowadays, users prefer to migrate to other platforms, which are much advanced and reliable, such as MS Outlook.
Why should you move from Spicebird to Outlook?
- MBOX email clients are not up to the mark when it comes to security standards. In contrast, Outlook has been backed by advanced security and privacy features.
- Outlook is used by millions of users now, which guarantees wider accessibility and acceptability.
- A PST file extends support to various items such as contacts, tasks, calendar, notes, etc.
- Outlook comes with various filtering features as well.
- PST files can manage mailbox data in a much more systematic manner.
In case, you too, are looking for ways to migrate email items of Spicebird to Outlook platform, then it is suggested that you should take external assistance from an efficient tool like Kernel for MBOX to PST.
How to convert Move Spicebird mailboxes to Outlook?
To initiate the conversion of Spicebird MBOX to PST format via Kernel for MBOX to PST Converter, you need to follow the given steps carefully:
- Launch Kernel for MBOX to PST on your system.
- To locate a Spicebird MBOX file/folder on your system, click the Browse button. You can add single or multiple MBOX files.
- Select the required folder and click on the Finish button.
- Once the tool finishes the scanning process, mailbox folders will be listed on the left panel of the tool’s interface; click them individually to view its content. Finally, click on the Save button to proceed.
- Select the output file format for the conversion; here, we are converting the Spicebird MBOX file to PST; hence, we are selecting the PST file (MS Outlook) option. Once selected, click Next.
- In this step, the tool will present you with some filter options to specify the conversion requirements. Select the filters as per your requirement and click on the Next button.
- Split the file to manage large mailbox data or add a prefix to the file’s name to make it unique. Both features are optional and can be skipped if not necessary. Click Next anyways.
- In this window, click Browse to provide a destination location to save the converted file. Click Finish once done.
- The converted PST file gets saved to the specified location; now click OK to finish the process.
Why should you use a professional tool?
- Personal data is confidential, which must have proper security. This is achieved only by the usage of professional software.
- The Kernel for MBOX to PST tool offers wide support to about 20 email clients and multiple saving options.
- Bulk conversion is also available with the tool.
- The converted PST files can be split into smaller ones to manage them effectively.
- The Kernel software is well compatible with all versions of MS Outlook and Windows operating systems.
Spicebird provides users with various features. However, due to better security features, users are willing to move Spicebird mailboxes to Outlook. Spicebird uses MBOX files to store data, while Outlook uses PST format. To make a shift to Outlook, all MBOX files must be converted into PST ones. Since this is a complex task, it requires a superior tool like the Kernel for MBOX to PST.