Read time 4 minutes
You must have noticed some error messages, when you send and receive emails in MS Outlook. Errors like 0x8004210a, 0x800ccc0b and 0x8004210b may bother you many times. One really gets annoyed if those error messages appears every time and create a fuss. Timely fixation of these errors becomes the need of hour.
Have a Look at the Error Messages
Outlook Error 0x8004210a & Outlook Error 0x800ccc19
When you check your POP3 email account in Outlook, you may get error messages like:
- “The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a.”
- “A time-out occurred while communicating with the server 0x800ccc19”
In order to fix the fix error 0x8004210a, you could very well try to increase the server time out periods. You can rise the server timeout period as given below (steps are given for Outlook 2010 and later).
- In Outlook, go to the Files menu, and click Info.
- Now click Account Settings, and again click Account Settings.
- Select the POP3 account, and click Change.
- Now click More Settings, and go to the Advanced tab.
- Now increase the server timeout setting and check if the issue is solved.
Also, this issue can occur while using anti-virus software programs. To prevent the error due to Antivirus software scanning configuration, disable ‘Scan incoming Email’ and ‘Scan outgoing Email’ options. You may refer to the documentation/website of the anti-virus provider to get the detailed steps. Meanwhile, you can try some general methods for fixing the most common Outlook errors (mentioned in the last part of this article).
Outlook Error 0x8004210b
The 0x8004210b is displayed in Outlook when an SMTP address in the distribution list is incorrect or corrupted. To fix this error, you should check and verify all the SMTP email addresses in Outlook distribution list. Also, you can send test emails to each member (of the distribution list) to check if that email address is valid or not.
Some Common Outlook Errors and Their Solutions
Many other errors like 0x800ccc0b are displayed by Outlook while sending or receiving messages. Some of the most common errors in Outlook are noted here (in very brief words):
- No connection made (target machine refuses)
- Server not found (Error 0x800ccc0d)
- Connection to the server interrupted- (Sending/Receiving Error 0x800ccc0f)
- Unexpected termination of server connection (due to server/network problems or inactivity for long time) – Error 0x800ccc0f
- Outlook unable to connect to outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server – Error 0x80042109
- Operation timeout – without response from receiving (POP) server – Error 0x8004210a
- Timeout while communicating with the server – Error 0x800ccc19
- Other prominent Outlook errors: 0x8007000c, 0x800C013b, and 0x8004210b
- Miscellaneous Outlook errors: 0x80040119, 0x800ccc0e, 0x80042108, 0x800ccc79, 0x800ccc0b, 0x80040900, 0x800ccc81, 0x800ccc67, 0x80040600, and 0x800ccc15
Note: These issues are observed in Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003, and Outlook 2002/2000 (Standard Edition) versions.
Some General Methods to Deal With the Most Common Outlook Errors:
Most of the Outlook errors can be solved by following some general methods mentioned here. You may have to try all the methods one after other for success (don’t forget to send a test message after each method so as to verify its effectiveness in eliminating the Outlook error).
- First verify internet connection and also ensure that mail server is not temporarily unavailable.
- Verify email account settings (the procedure may vary in different versions of Outlook).
- Delete any damaged or corrupted messages from your mailbox.
- Examine the antivirus software email scanning feature. This can be a reason for the error.
- Look for any discrepancy in the configuration of firewall software.
- Check your email account profile in MS Outlook. Preferably, create a new profile in Outlook. There will be no loss of emails, as by default both the Outlook Address Book and the personal folders PST files are automatically added to each new e-mail profile
- Start Outlook in a safe mode.
- Cleanup the Outlook Outbox (after performing Send/Receive operation) working in the offline mode.
- Check if all SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) e-mail addresses in a distribution list are valid. Even one corrupted or wrongly formed SMTP address can give error 0x8004210b.
- Try repairing Outlook. If you are good technically, you can try the Microsoft tools first. Otherwise, you can try user-friendly third party tools like Kernel for Outlook PST Repair.
We have given you all useful methods to remove the above-mentioned errors. But, if these methods do not work, then you should use Kernel PST software and scan the PST file. After scanning the file, our software will recover complete items and show their preview to you. After saving the data into a new PST file, you can import PST into Outlook and use it without any error.