Read time 8 minutes
To access your Outlook for Mac emails in Gmail, you can add your Outlook email account to Gmail. This will enable you to view & manage your Outlook emails directly from your Gmail account. Another option is to use a third-party tool like Kernel for OLM to PST software. This software can convert your Outlook for Mac emails to a compatible format that can be imported into Gmail.
Gmail is the most popular email server from Google that helps the user to access their email accounts from any device that is connected with the Internet. When the Outlook for Mac users want to access their emails universally, then they require to move their emails from Outlook for Mac to Gmail. It requires a smooth conversion as Outlook for Mac does not support Gmail platform. In this article, we will discuss some quick methods to export OLM files contents to Gmail.
Why do you need OLM to Gmail Migration?
OLM mailbox items cannot be viewed without Outlook. Therefore, if you want to access your Outlook for Mac emails in Gmail, you need to move them to Gmail from OLM files to make it more accessible for all users, including those who don’t use Outlook. So, it turns into a necessity to export all your emails to Gmail manually or using professional tools.
How to Access your Outlook for Mac Emails in Gmail Using a Manual Approach?
As earlier mentioned, there can be several reasons why anyone would want to migrate from Outlook for Mac to a web-based client such as Gmail. Manual Outlook Mac Gmail sync and migration can be accomplished in three simple steps
- Prepare your Gmail account
- Configure your Gmail account in Outlook on Mac
- Move your OLM data to the Gmail account.
The further explanation will help you to understand how to access your Outlook for Mac emails in Gmail with a manual approach-
Step 1: Prepare your Gmail account
- To set up an IMAP account, log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the Cogwheel (top right) and select Settings from the list.
- From the Settings menu, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In the IMAP Access section and select Enable IMAP option.
- Scroll down and click on Save Changes.
- In the left menu, pane click on Create new label and name it, say OLM files.
Step 2: Configure your Gmail account in Outlook on Mac
- Open Outlook on Mac and select the Accounts option.
- Now, select the Email option.
- Next, you need to provide your Gmail credentials to configure your Gmail account with Outlook on Mac.
- Click on Add Account option.
- Exit from Outlook for Mac.
Step 3: Move your OLM data to your Gmail account
- Launch Outlook for Mac desktop client on Mac.
- Right-click on the folder you want to export and then browse to Move > Copy to folder option.
- Next, click on the Send/Receive option to move your OLM emails to Gmail account.
Add Gmail account & sync mails
With the update to Outlook for Microsoft 365, it’s now quite simple to add a Gmail account for easy Outlook Mac Gmail sync.
- Access Outlook and go to preferences. Tap on Account.
- Click on New Account and type up your email id. Hit Continue.
- Enter your password and click on Add Account.
- Click on Continue to proceed.
- Login to the Gmail account within Outlook for Mac.
- Choose your account and enter the password.
- Allow the persimmons for your Google account.
- Tap on Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose Done and start using Outlook for Mac with easy Outlook Mac Gmail access.
Limitations of Using Manual Methods OLM to Gmail Migration
While using manual methods, you have to make sure that all your emails are precisely migrated to the Gmail account. If manual methods are not successful, migrate the emails using a good OLM to Gmail migration tool. Some of the disadvantages of manual methods are:
- Time consuming: The manual method consists of four major steps, and each step has multiple sub-steps. Hence, this process is lengthy and time-consuming.
- You need to be a technocrat: Manual migration of your OLM emails into a Gmail account is very complex, and you need to have good knowledge about what you are trying to do.
- No guarantee of data integrity: While migrating your Mac emails into your Gmail account, the manual process does assure data integrity.
How to Access Your Outlook for Mac Emails in Gmail Using a Professional Approach?
Kernel for OLM to PST tool is widely used to export OLM emails into Gmail. This tool saves all the items of the OLM file into Gmail Account, like contacts, appointments, events, email data, etc. It also repairs the damaged or corrupted OLM emails and saves them into Gmail. This tool gives you a 100% guarantee of data integrity during the migration process.
Steps to Import OLM File to Gmail Using Kernel for OLM to PST
- Launch Kernel for OLM to PST and click Select File on the menu bar.
- Click the Browse button to choose the file location of OLM files. Click Next.
Note: If you do not know the location of the OLM files then you can click on Search to find the OLM files from your system.
- To proceed with the process, click the Finish button.
- Now you can preview all the emails of the OLM file.
- Click on the Save button.
- Choose the format of file in which you want to save (here, Gmail) and click Next.
- Provide the filtering criteria and click Next.
- Now provide your Gmail credentials and click Finish.
- Wait till the software saves OLM emails in Gmail.
- After the process, all your OLM emails will be saved in your Gmail account and you can access them using your Gmail account.
Also, Kernel for OLM to PST allows the user to save the recovered/repaired mails in multiple file saving formats, for example, PST, DBX, EML, MBOX, etc. This software gives you the most accurate results and maintains the data integrity of all OLM files.
There are primarily 2 ways to access your Outlook OLM files- manual and professional methods. To begin with, prepare your Gmail account and then configure it with Outlook on your Mac system. To conclude, all OLM data can be moved to the account. However, there are a few limitations that come along with the manual methods for Outlook Mac Gmail sync. Professional software like the Kernel for OLM to PST ensures proper accuracy and integrity of data.
Q. Why is my Outlook for Mac not syncing with Gmail?
A. Outlook for Mac may not be syncing with Gmail due to network connectivity issues. To resolve this issue, you will need to troubleshoot your network connectivity & have a stable connection to the internet.
Q. Does Outlook for Mac work with Gmail?
A. Yes, Outlook for Mac works with Gmail. To do so, simply add your Gmail account to Outlook and you’ll be able to sync your emails without any hassle.