Read time 4 min
Adding custom mail signatures with your email makes it look professional. And Microsoft Outlook provides you the feature to add custom email signatures with hyperlinked images or company logo. But, finding this feature and adding email signatures in MS Outlook is not that easy. So, we are providing a step-by-step process to create and add email signatures in Outlook 2016.
Follow the steps below to understand how to add signatures in Outlook 2016.
- Open MS Outlook and click “New Email” from the upper left corner of the ribbon. <
- The new email window will appear on the screen, click on the “Signature” icon and select “Signatures” from the drop-down menu.
- The Signature and Stationery window will open on the screen. In the E-mail Signature tab, click “New” and give a name to the signature. Here, we are giving the name “Formal Signature.”
- Now, in the “Edit Signature” section, write the signature that you want to use for your emails. You can use any font, any color, or any style for the signature.
Note 1: You can also add images, company logo, business card, or hyperlink in the email signature.
Note 2: You can create and add as many signatures as you want.
- Now, if you want to use this signature with your every new message, replies, and forwards, then under “Choose default signature,”, select the specific signature from the drop-downs of “New Messages” and “Replies/Forward” and click “Save.”
Note: If you don’t want to use the signature automatically, then select none. In that case, you have to select the signatures manually in every email.
How to select a signature manually?
To manually use a signature, follow the below steps;
- Open “New Email” in MS Outlook and click the “Signature” icon. You can find the saved signatures in the drop-down menu.
- Select the specific signature that you want to use for the new email. It will be added in the email box like this:
This way you can easily add any email signature manually. So, this is the best way to create and add a signature in MS Outlook 2016.