Read time 7 min
Summary: This blog discusses the black screen issue faced by YouTube users, along with its common reasons. Also, it suggests some easy fixes for the issue. And, finally, it recommends a video repair tool in case the issue occurs due to corruption of the video file.
Sometimes, while watching a video on a media player or youtube, you tend to have a black screen, but at the back, the audio works fine. The complete blackening of the screen often leads to the corruption of the video. This calls for ways to Resolve black screen issue when play Videos. But before that, we need to take a look at why at all, we get the Black Screen.
Equip yourself with an instant utility – Kernel Video Repair Tool that can help you resolve black screen issue when playing videos and other video errors quickly
Know the causes of the “black screen” issue when playing videos
The following are some of the causes of the black screen:
- Firstly, there is a necessity for the connection to be smooth when viewing a particular video. In case of a poor network connection prevents you from downloading the whole video. The above condition results in the black screen, further; it results in the audio working fine, but the video does not work.
- The second cause of the Black screen issue is the Adobe Flash-player. The software is pre-installed in many web browsers and is used to embed a video on YouTube and similar websites. But alas, this very software is also another cause of the black screen problem.
- Thirdly, a prevalent cause of the black screen issue is the Browse Cache. The Browse Cache files tend to clog up the YouTube videos so much so that the video(s) is/are prevented from outputting. This is the term; causes the error.
- Another potential cause of the black screen error is the Browser Setting which causes the black screen error. (Note: The Black Screen Error is usually complained of by users of Chrome and Firefox.
- Again, in case there is some internal bug within YouTube, the Black Screen Error might take place.
- Finally, the Black Screen Error might take place in the case as a user you are misusing YouTube watching videos that are either illegal or are unhealthy.
Whatever be the cause, let us agree at least on a single point that black screen error is terrible and requires a solution that would undo the error. To combat this issue, you would need different methods, both manual and mechanical.
Workable solutions fix the “black screen” issue when playing videos
Some of the standard solutions to the problems above are given here below:
- Firstly, in case you are browsing YouTube under bad or poor network connection; check the connectivity and see if it can be made better. If it that betterment is possible, refresh the page and error should be undone. But in case, the result is negative, switch to a better network and try to play the video again.
- Secondly, in case the Adobe Flash Player is causing the black screen, follow these steps:
In case the browser cache is creating the black screen, do the following:
- Uninstall the Adobe that you have and then download a recent version of the same
- Right-click on the video area to find the setting option. Once you have found it, deselect Enable hardware acceleration.
In case the Browser Setting is causing the problem, the following is required:
- For Firefox: click on Tools, go to Options then to Advanced and then go to Clear Now for Cached Web Content and Offline Web Content and User Data
- For Google Chrome: Click on the Chrome Menu, then go to More Tools/History and finally Clear Browsing Data.
- For Safari (for Mac OS X): Click on Safari Menu then on Empty Cache and finally, Empty
- For IE: Click the menu icon then go to Safety, then to Delete Browsing History. Then select Temporary Internet Files, go to Cookies and History/Preserve Favorites Website Data, and finally, press Delete.
In case YouTube itself has an internal bug, you must follow these steps:
- For Firefox: Disable the hardware acceleration by first going to Options, then to Advanced, uncheck the Use Hardware Acceleration when Available. Now, restart your browser.
- For Chrome: Go to Settings, then go to Advanced Settings, then to Systems, then to Use Hardware Acceleration when Available and un-tick it in case it had been ticked before.
For the last one, you might want to stop watching those videos and skip to something the YouTube permits you to watch.
- If you are within the log-in status, you need to go to the YouTube page, go to Settings and then to Sign Out. Now, open videos as usual.
- If you are not logged in yet, sign in to your YouTube account so that you can watch the video. At times, you might be rejected to watch the video because some of the videos on YouTube are closed to those who are non-registered users. Now, login to get Access.
If the solutions mentioned above do not work, maybe you could turn to the mechanical method; via the third-party tool. One of the most effective mechanical means that is worthy of being used is the Kernel Video Repair tool. The tool uses very simple steps to repair types of video errors, even Resolve black screen issue when play Videos. The steps used by the software are given here below:
Click on the “+” sign to add a corrupt video you wish to repair or use drag-drop action to do the same.
Now click on “Repair Files.”
Now, select the location where you wish to save the file
Information is visible stating that the file has been successfully saved.
Users can opt for the advanced Video repair solution for the quick and efficient repair of any-level corrupted video files in all formats.
If you are facing a black screen issue and you wish to Resolve black screen issue when play Videos, we hope this write-up provides the necessary help that you need. Moreover, you need not worry any time you face an error. Use the Kernel Video repair tool and get rid off the black screen error permanently.