Kernel Outlook PST Viewer, the free utility for viewing PST file data, is the most downloaded PST viewer tool on http://download.cnet.com/windows, a leading software sharing website. It has received many positive reviews and enjoys a decent 3 stars out of 5, which shows that users have found it quite useful and beneficial.
Kernel Outlook PST Viewer
This tool helps to open PST files without the MS Outlook application. It allows the user to view emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes and even deleted items in the PST mailbox.
Corrupt PST files cannot be opened using Outlook, and so their content is also inaccessible. But Kernel Outlook PST Viewer opens even corrupt and damaged PST files and allows the user to view emails and other items.
What makes Kernel Outlook PST Viewer different?
Its advanced PST viewing features have helped Kernel PST Viewer to gain the trust and confidence of cnet site visitors. Some of its features are:
- Allows accessing healthy as well as corrupted PST files
- Displays the entire content of the mailbox (emails, contacts, journals, notes, calendar, etc.)
- Maintains the integrity and hierarchical structure of mailbox items
- Searches for individual items by To, From, Subject, Date, etc.
- Password protected files are also accessible
- Displays emails for a preview along with their attachments
- Works with large PST files (also files damaged due to 2GB size issues)
- Generates File Analysis Reports to provide an overview of the PST file content
- Supports PST files created in all the versions of Outlook (including 2016)
- It works on all Windows platforms (including Windows 10)
Due to these advanced features, Kernel PST Viewer has received many positive reviews from its users.
How does Kernel for PST Viewer work?
Kernel for PST Viewer lets you access PST file in a few steps. Here are the steps to use this tool:
- Click Start>All Apps>Kernel Outlook PST Viewer>Kernel Outlook PST Viewer.
- In the Source File Selection window, select the PST file you want to view. Click Next to move further.
Note: If you are not familiar with the location, use the Search button to search for PST files on the hard disk or drive.
- The next window will tell you about all the features of Kernel Outlook PST Repair. Click Finish.
- Now you can view the PST file content on the preview pane.
Though you can view the entire PST data, you cannot save it using Kernel PST Viewer. For saving purposes, you need to try Kernel for PST Repair. This tool lets you repair PST files and save the data to PST (Outlook), Exchange Server, Office 365, and many other destinations.