Kernel OST Viewer is useful when there is a need to open OST file without Exchange Server profile or Outlook installation. It has a minimalistic user interface that allows users to directly access the OST file without any delay. Due to its performance, the tool has got many positive reviews from the users on http://download.cnet.com/windows
It has got a respectable 2.6 stars out of 5 which indicates that it has got positive response from more than half of its users. You can clearly see that 4 out of 7 users have rated this tool with 3 or more points.
About Kernel OST Viewer
Kernel OST viewer is a free tool which can open healthy as well as corrupt OST files. It also generates different types of reports based on Mail flow, Item types, and Interaction between users etc. Users can even copy and print the emails in TXT and HTML format.
The most important benefit of OST viewer is that it does not require a connection with MS Exchange Server to view the mailbox content. Also, it does not modify the hierarchy or content of the OST files.
Why is Kernel OST Viewer different?
Kernel OST Viewer has many advantages that make it an outstanding tool:
- It can open corrupt and password protected OST file.
- Users can view whole emails along with their subject lines and attachments.
- It provides a ‘search’ option which allows the user to search OST file within the disk.
- Users can copy and print the emails in TXT and HTML format.
- It displays all the content of mailbox like emails, attachments, contacts, calendar, notes, deleted items, etc.
The CNET data shows that majority of the users are satisfied with the tool’s performance. Let’s read some reviews of the users.
How does Kernel OST Viewer works?
Using Kernel OST Viewer is quite easy and user does not need any technical expertise to complete the procedure. Here is the whole procedure:
- Launch Kernel OST Viewer. In the Source File Selection window, browse and select the OST file (you can locate it using Search too).
- An Information window will tell you about various features and advantages of Kernel OST Viewer. Click Finish to move further.
- The tool scans the whole OST file and displays its content. You can click on any folder in the Folder List, and get a clear preview.
Kernel OST Viewer is the most popular Free OST Viewer available on the CNET downloading site. Its advanced features make it a unique tool in every way. It supports all the versions of MS Outlook and MS Exchange Server and can run on any windows platform.
Is it possible to save the OST file data?
Though the Kernel OST Viewer allows you the view the OST items, it does not have saving options. So If you want to save the content of an OST file, then you must use Kernel for OST to PST Converter tool. Its user interface is pretty similar to that of Kernel OST Viewer. It lets you save the OST data in PST files, MS Exchange Server, Office 365, and many other formats/destinations. Also, you can save individual items to PST and many other formats like MSG, EML, TXT, RTF, PDF, HTML, and MHTML. And with its free version, you can save up to 25 items per folder to some selected formats.