MS Outlook saves its data in PST files. But an Outlook user can lose all his data if this file gets damaged due to any reason. If you have backups for your PST file, you can use them in such situations. You can use the backup copy to restore Outlook data if original PST file gets damaged or lost.
You can back up Outlook emails in different ways. However, the process varies with the version of your MS Outlook as shown below:
Backup in MS Outlook 2007
To back up your mailbox data, you can use the export option of MS Outlook 2007. To export emails, follow the below steps:
- In MS Outlook 2007, click on File menu and select Import/Export.
- Choose Export to a file; then click on Next.
- Now select Personal File Folder (.pst) and then click on Next.
- Here, pick the folders you want to export.
- After this, click on Browse to provide a file saving path for PST file and click on OK to continue the process. And click Finish in the end.
Back up emails in MS Outlook 2010
To export emails in Outlook 2010, you need to follow below steps:
- In MS Outlook 2010, click on File tab, and select Options.
- In Outlook Option dialogue box, go to Advance. Then, choose Export (under the Export section).
- Select Export to a file & click Next.
- Select Outlook Data Files (.pst) and then click Next.
Now, you can continue the process as in Outlook 2007.
Back up in MS Outlook 2013 & 2016
If you want to create a backup for MS Outlook 2013 and 2016 mailboxes, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Here, choose Export to a file and then click on Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next.
- Now, pick the folders you want to backup and click on Next.
- Provide desired file saving path by clicking on Browse and then Finish the process.
Kernel for Outlook PST Repair
Kernel for Outlook PST Repair helps to recover PST files and also to back up your Outlook mailbox data to various destinations – Exchange Server, Office 365, Gmail, and more. It has the facility for selective backup as the tool offers filters for the selection of data. The tool is recommended by professionals as it ensures complete integrity of the data. Also, the tool is compatible with latest Outlook and Windows versions.
MS Outlook has an export feature to back up its mailbox items including emails. The procedure to export emails is slightly different in different versions of MS Outlook. Also, you can use tools like Repair Outlook PST file to back up mailbox data to various destinations.