Corruption in Exchange Server database is quite a common phenomenon and when it happens, the Information Store is the easily prone or usually the most affected component. Corruption takes place in Pub1.edb or Priv1.edb file of Exchange Server database. When corruption occurs, the user finds critical emails, notes, contacts and other data to be inaccessible. Inaccessibility of data is often a warning of data loss. Therefore, in such critical circumstances, it becomes important to repair and restore damaged database utilizing an apt EDB to PST Recovery solutions.
At times when Exchange Server database and Information Store corruption occurs, you might come across indications mentioned below:
- Information Store Service won’t start
- If it starts, you can’t stop Information Store Service and other dependent services
- Information Store becomes irresponsive and CPU usage reaches 100%
- Users are unable to send/receive mails even if Information Store is restarted
- When you try restoring Exchange Server database from offline backup and run Isinteg.exe (Information Store Integrity Checker) utility, you might come across an error message that says:
Error 4294966746: JET_errDatabaseInconsistent
- While mounting mailbox store using Exchange System Manager, an error message appears that says:
Unable to Mount the Mailbox Store with error c104173c “The Information Store is Busy”
- Also, those using Exchange System Manager for mounting database, might receive error message given below:
An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, or both.
If you come across any of the above symptoms in your Exchange Server Database, the issue could be because of Information Store corruption that seeks repair with the best Exchange Repair software. The corruption in Exchange Server database or Information Store can be a result of virus infection, improper system shutdown, operating system failure etc.
In these situations, you must scan the damaged Exchange Server database extensively to repair and restore it. This kind of repair is manageable by using powerful and advanced third party Exchange Server Recovery software. These third party applications utilize high-end scanning mechanisms to methodically scan whole Exchange Server database and restore all damaged or inaccessible data.