Fix G Suite Not Syncing with Outlook
Read time 6 minutes
Summary: The blog deals with the user’s complaints about G Suite not syncing with Outlook. Update MS Office and modify your G Suite profile to resolve some of the minor synchronization problems quickly. For severe troubles, perform re-synchronization using the GSSMO utility. Don’t worry. All these have been explained in detail below.
Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is a cloud-based productivity suite that includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar. At the same time, Outlook is a desktop email client that can be used with various email clients, including G Suite. Undoubtedly, G Suite and Outlook are helpful tools. Still, users sometimes experience trouble syncing them together. If Google Workspace is not syncing with Outlook, it becomes difficult for users to keep track of their schedules, communicate with others, and collaborate on projects.
Here, we will see some troubleshooting solutions to fix the synchronization issues between G Suite (Google Workspace) and Microsoft Outlook applications.
Outlook application allows synchronization with the G Suite application using the free Google Workspace Sync for Microsoft, previously known as the G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GSSMO) application.
But this synchronization is vulnerable to specific issues like no updates in content, halted sending/receiving, missing data, etc.
Download Kernel G Suite Backup tool to import G Suite/Google Workspace data, including Emails, Contacts, Calendar, Google Drive, Hangouts conversations, etc. to MS Outlook in a few clicks.
About GSSMO or GWSMO
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook is a synchronization utility that allows users to synchronize G Suite/Google Workspace data with the Outlook application.
Users can download G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook from the official website on Windows systems. It synchronizes emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, etc., between G Suite and Microsoft Outlook applications. Using the GSSMO application, users can synchronize and import data from G Suite to Outlook using its profile. To use the GSSMO, users must have a paid G Suite/Google Workspace account.
Important factors to keep in mind while using GSSMO
- Attachments with sizes up to 20MB only will get synchronized
- Message flags appear as a star
- Follow up reminders and dates can be utilized in Outlook after import but not synced with Gmail
- Outlook Rules, signatures, account settings, and category assignments, do not get synchronized or imported
- Folders become G Suite labels
With the provision of G Suite and Outlook synchronization, there are chances of issues as well, which hampers the flow between two programs.
Resolve G Suite Synchronization Issues
Perform these workarounds to resolve the synchronization issues between G Suite and Microsoft Outlook applications.
- Perform Re-synchronization
You can try re-syncing the data from G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GSSMO) in the following manner.
- Launch the running GSSMO application and click on the View sync status.
- The Synchronization Status dialog box will open. Select the G Suite programs (Google Contacts, Google Mail, Google Calendar, etc.) as your choice, and click Re-sync.
- Next, you have multiple options under re-syncing to customize the process like Overwrite or Delete and Re-sync.
Note: Selecting the Overwrite option would overwrite the Outlook local profile data with the chosen Google data but maintains color categories, distribution lists, follow-up flags, etc.
If you select the Delete and Re-sync option, then the local profile data of Outlook would get deleted, and re-syncing is performed for the selected Google applications. Here, the Outlook-specific data like color categories, follow-up flags are not preserved but got removed with the local profile data. Therefore, the Overwrite option is preferred over the Delete and Re-sync
- Finally, click on the Re-sync option to start the re-syncing process between G-Suite and Outlook.
- Modify G Suite/Google Workspace Profile
Users are advised to remove the current Google Workspace profile and then re-create a new Google Workspace profile. Doing this would fix the synchronization issue.
- Open Control Panel on your system.
- Navigate to Mail>Show Profiles.
- Select the current G Suite profile and click on Remove to delete it.
- Next, launch the GSSMO program, create a new profile, and use it for synchronization.
- Update MS Office
If the Outlook application is unable to display Windows Search results on particular Windows versions, then they should try to update the Microsoft Office program with the available updates.
- Start your Microsoft Outlook application and click on File.
- Click on Office Account and select Update Options.
- Now, click on the Update Now option. The scanning for available updates will start.
- Wait for the scan completion and then proceed with updating the Office program using the available updates.
Backup G Suite Data to Avoid Data Loss
For accessing G Suite data uninterruptedly, even if it faces issues, we recommend backing up all the data using the Kernel G Suite Backup tool. It is a professional tool that allows users to backup entire G Suite content like emails, Google Drive, Contacts, Appointments, Calendar, etc.
It backs up mailboxes in Outlook PST file format and others, including MSG, HTML, MHTML, DOCX, DOC, PDF, EML, etc. It also includes selective backup using its smart filters. Also it facilitates automatic backup from multiple G Suite accounts with a CSV file or a Super Admin account.
Outlook is a popular email client, and many people use it to access their G Suite accounts. However, if you’re having trouble getting your G Suite emails to show up in Outlook, we tried to walk you through the steps to fix the G Suite not syncing issue in Outlook. We hope this article was helpful and that you are now able to get your G Suite and Outlook working together seamlessly.
Moreover, if you followed our steps and still experienced problems, don’t worry; there is a solution. Kernel for G Suite Backup is an easy-to-use software application that allows you to backup and restore your G Suite data in just minutes. It doesn’t matter if you’re experiencing sync issues or have accidentally deleted files, this tool will have your back.