Read time 7 min
Are you a Roundcube user who wants to secure your emails? Read this blog to get relieved of all of your email security worries.
What is Roundcube?
Roundcube is an open-source, web-based email client provided through cPanel and used to send, receive, and store information in the form of emails like any other email client does. It comes along with two other webmail interfaces known as horde and SquirreMail. The email client offers other services as well, including Calendar and Contacts with support for about 70 languages. As it is a web-based email client application, it can be accessed from anywhere.
Why do we need to backup Roundcube emails?
Like other web-based email clients like Gmail, Roundcube emails also needs to be protected. It can be done with a backup solution that backups emails into a portable file format or to the cloud destination. This backup is required to get access to data in situations like when it is accidentally/intentionally deleted, Roundcube application is inaccessible or crashed down, or when there is data loss with online hacking, phishing, malicious links, switching email clients. This is also beneficial when the organization has legal compliances and has to record emails for future references.
A native way to backup Roundcube emails
The native way to backup Roundcube emails is a simple, free method that anyone can easily perform. We have explained the complete native email backup process in detail here.
- Login to your Roundcube web-based email application through the webmail interface with details like user name and password.
- From the Roundcube email interface, click on the particular email which you want to backup and click the More option on the top right. Then, select the Export option from the drop-down list.
- The selected email will start to download, and once the download is completed, it can be accessed on the default Downloads folder on the system in the EML file format.
- To backup other emails in the EML file format, repeat the same procedure for each email.
Why is the native way for backup not sound?
The above native solution is not fit for the common requirements of users as it has multiple drawbacks or limitations such as –
- Unsuitable for backup of multiple emails
- Time-consuming process
- Does not support any other file format except EML format, which is difficult to manage
- No flexibility in the backup process
- Cannot backup emails to the cloud platform
- Need to access Roundcube email client application
Backup Roundcube emails to PST/Office 365
Many users want to backup their Roundcube emails to Outlook PST or Office 365. The stored EML files from the Roundcube email client are quite hard to manage and operate as each file is a message. It is better to secure EML files into a more sophisticated and manageable file format like Outlook PST file format.
But there is nothing to worry about!
We understand our user’s requirements and thus recommend the most efficient third-party tool known as the Kernel EML to PST Converter that securely moves any number of EML files to the PST file format, MSG format, and Office 365 directly. The advanced tool protects the integrity of emails and backs up EML files from all email clients. It even lets users preview email content before selecting them for backup.
Now, let us check out the automated process to backup Roundcube emails to PST/Office 365 destination with Kernel EML to PST Converter tool.
- If you have already installed the tool, launch it.
- On the welcome screen of the tool, all the system folders will get listed on the left panel to select EML files from.
- If you do not recognize the exact location for your Roundcube EML files, click the Find option on the top bar of the welcome screen. Next, click Browse to select and add the system drive to search the required EML file using the Search option automatically.
- All the EML files within a particular drive will get listed out. Select desired EML files and click OK.
- The selected EML files will get listed, and a file preview is available. Click the Save option after selecting emails and email folders.
- Apply filter options like date range & item field, select the checkbox attachments to save email attachments, etc., to do a selective backup of Roundcube EML files. Then, click Next.
- Now, select the destination as Save in PST and select one of the options, i.e., Create new PST or Save to existing PST as per your choice by providing the location. Finally, click Save.
Note: To save EML files to the Office 365 platform, select the Office 365 option and then provide login details to complete the backup.
- The backup of the Roundcube EML files gets started and completes soon with a confirmation message.
- Hence, we have just seen the easiest and automated way to convert EML to PST and import to Office 365 destination location in the minimum time.
Get the free version of the tool from https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/eml-to-pst.html and try it on your own.
Email backup has become necessary for businesses and individuals to secure content from external or internal threats that cause data loss or inaccessibility. Roundcube emails can be secured natively but only in EML format. That is where the role of the advanced Kernel EML to PST Converter tool comes into action for quick and quality backup of Roundcube emails to Outlook PST and Office 365.