This article includes:
- How to Migrate Outlook Emails to Office 365, Manually
- How to Migrate Outlook Mailbox(es) to Office 365, Automatically
Migrating from on-premises environment to cloud can significantly boost your business productivity as it has many facilities including an enterprise level email server. But after subscribing to Office 365, many end users often have to migrate emails from Outlook on their desktop to Office 365 mailbox. Here, we’ll jaunt you through both manual and automation methods to help you import PST file to Office 365 mailboxes.
How to Migrate Outlook Emails to Office 365, Manually
For importing PST file manually to the Office 365 mailbox or bulk mailbox migration to office 365, we’ll first need to configure Office 365 account in MS Outlook. Then, follow the steps below:
- Click File tab, click Open & Export, and select Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program in the Import and Export wizard and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Browse for the Outlook PST data file, select it and click Next.
- Set Options according to your preference and click Next.
- Choose the Import items to the same folder in option and select the Office 365 mailbox, Click Finish.
Note: If the PST file is password protected, enter the password and unlock it, click OK.
That’s it! The manual method is way short, and there is nothing to worry about. But if organizations have to import PST files to multiple Office 365 mailboxes, then it would be a pain for Exchange administrators. Then they would need to use automated tools to import PST files to one or more Office 365 mailboxes.
How to Migrate Outlook Mailbox(es) to Office 365, Automatically
For simplifying the lengthy and time-consuming PST importing task, using a professional tool would be handy. Kernel Import PST to Office 365 software is one amazing tool available online for such implementation. The Import PST to Office 365 Mailbox software offers an easy way to import PST files to one or more Office 365 mailboxes:
- Launch the PST to Office 365 Import tool.
- Click Add under Add Source section, browse for the PST file, and click Open.
- Click Add under Add Destination Section (Section 2); Office 365/Exchange Login windows will pop-up.
- At the bottom, under Destination account section, click the dropdown and select the mailbox account.
- Click Filter and Migrate.
- Select where you want the PST file data to be moved (migrated) from the given options.
- Click Migrate.
- At this stage, you can apply filters as per the need. In Section 1, you can select/deselect the folders, apply other filters such as Data, Item type, etc. In Section 2, you can check/uncheck Previously Migrated Items (Incremental) or Select if migrating to Office 365 Group. Upon ensuring everything is fine, click “I am OK, Start Migration.”
- Click OK.
Note: The main screen is divided and marked in three (3) sections. Section 1 is where you would add the source PST file. You can add the O365 mailboxes in Section 2. Upon completion of the steps in section 1 & 2, you can set filters and migrate your PST file data in Section 3.
Note: Before moving any further, have a look at the new window with multiple options.
Section 1 is where you would have to key in O365/Exchange account login details. You can assign rights manually, but in this article, we’ll go with the option unchecked. You can provide a mail id different from Mailbox Login ID by selecting the checkbox below Single Mailbox/Office 365 Group radio option. Section 2 would come handy if you want to import to multiple mailboxes using an administrator account.
Once you’re done with step 2 & 3, Source Files and Destination Mailbox sections will look below,
Note: In the case of the Global Administrator account, the dropdown will list all the mailboxes. You can select an account from the list.
Note: You can export mapped list to CSV file or import from one at this stage.
Migration of emails from Outlook PST to Office 365 mailbox could be tricky and lengthy, although migrating the PST file data in the same order of hierarchy is essential to avoid the break in work-flow. Right tools at the right moment can become a big savior for both individuals & businesses. Kernel for Import PST to Office 365 Mailbox is a sheer example.