Step by Step Process to Upload files and folders to Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service provided by Google for file management and document sharing. It helps users upload files to the cloud and access them from anywhere and anytime. Google drive is beneficial to its users in many ways:
- Saves the essential documents, images, videos, & more
- Allows to upload, access, and modify the files/documents
- Facilitates saving and sharing of even large documents/files
- Can be used to back up personal data to the cloud
- Accessible from anywhere on any computer or mobile device
- Has built-in search feature
- Is free to use
How to upload files to Google Drive?
Uploading a file to Google Drive is quite easy. Just follow the steps given here –
- STEP 1: Login to your Google account.
- STEP 2: Type the URL - https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive in the web browser.
- STEP 3: Click New button just under ‘Google Drive.’
- STEP 4: Select either File Upload or Folder Upload.
- STEP 5: Now, browse and select the desired files/folder.
- STEP 6: Wait while the file is getting uploaded.
- STEP 7: When the uploading is complete, a confirmation message is displayed.
- STEP 8: When the file gets successfully saved on the Google Drive, you can view it there.
Professional tools to upload files to Google Drive
Uploading a few files to Google Drive is quite easy as you have seen. But if the file is quite heavy, it may take much time for the upload. And if the internet connection is slow, the uploading may get canceled too. Also, manual uploading is not feasible when there are many files.
To make sure that you always upload the files correctly, you can use Kernel Migrator for SharePoint. It is a professional SharePoint migration tool which can migrate the offline files and folders from your computer to Google Drive even when there are a large number of files.
Use Kernel Migrator for SharePoint to upload files to Google Drive
Kernel Migrator for SharePoint tool to migrate multiple files from local computer to Google Drive. For migration, try the following steps to upload files and folders from file Server to Google Drive. –
- STEP 1: Launch Kernel Migrator for SharePoint. And to start the process, select File System to Google Drive from Migration To button.
- STEP 2: Now, click Browse and select the CSV file that lists the File System items. When the content of the CSV file is listed below, you can select the desired files for migration. Then click Next
- STEP 3: Now there are two methods which you can choose to migrate files to Google Drive:
1- through Web Authentication
2- through Service Authentication
The web authentication method lets you migrate local files using Google Drive Account. Select Web Authentication (selected by default) and input the destination folder in the Google Drive account.
- STEP 4: Now, the tool tries to map the attributes of the selected files automatically. Remaining attributes can be mapped manually. Then click Next.
- STEP 5: Now, provide migration options (filters) as required and then click Next.
- STEP 6: You can also migrate the permissions to other users while sharing the content. For this, just check Migrate Permission with sharing. Subsequently, you can add users with whom content is to be shared. Click Next to start the migration.
- STEP 7: The migration process gets started and the software displays its progress.
- STEP 8: Once the migration is completed, the tool shows a summary of the entire process. Click Finish.
Advantages of using Kernel Migrator for SharePoint –
- Migrates files from local system as well as remote servers
- Migrate a large number of files to Google Drive at a time
- Migrates metadata and user-permissions also
- Automates migration using CSV file
- Allows filtering of the file system data by various filters
- Options to migrate to SharePoint, OneDrive, and Google Drive
- Supports all Windows platforms and windows server