Read time 6 minutes
This guide provides step-by-step instructions, emphasizing VLC’s user-friendly interface and quality preservation. It also suggests Kernel Video Repair Software for handling corrupt videos, highlighting its features and compatibility with various formats. Preserve your cherished memories and videos effortlessly with these tools.
Sending or transferring large and cumbersome videos can pose a challenge when attempting to use them as attachments. When you intend to send such sizable video files through email, it is essential to divide them into smaller segments before transmission. However, even if email is not the chosen method of transfer, partitioning hefty video files remains a prudent approach for improved manageability. If you are considering this procedure, this blog post will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to effectively split a large video file into smaller components.
Split Video File with VLC Media Player Smoothly
VLC media player is more than just a multimedia player; it serves as a robust utility capable of performing a wide range of tasks. Among its many capabilities, VLC can efficiently split videos. Let’s begin the process of video splitting using VLC media player.
- Run VLC Media Player and add the video file you want to split, by clicking on the Media tab and then selecting the Open File option.
- Now, decide from where you want to start splitting the video and forward the video to that point. If you want to do it from the start, keep it from the start.
- After deciding the point to split from, click on the View option on the top and select Advanced Controls option from the menu.
- Once you click on the Advanced Controls option, you will see that a few video control options are added.
- Now click on the Tools option and select Preferences from the tool’s menu.
- To access Simple Preferences, open a new window. Within Simple Preferences, locate the “Input/Codecs” category from the list of available categories. Scroll down to the “Files” section and find the option labeled “Record directory or filename.” Here, you can specify the destination for your split recordings by clicking on the “Browse” button. After selecting your desired destination, click the “Save” button to complete the process.
- Once you’ve clicked the “save” button, you will be redirected back to the video playback screen. From there, all you need to do is tap the recording icon to start recording. Record for as long as required, and when finished, click the recording icon again to stop the recording. You can repeat this procedure as many times as you like.
- Now you can find all the recorded videos at the location where you saved it.
As demonstrated, we effortlessly divided the video using VLC media player without encountering any issues. The process was seamless and required no specific technical expertise. Following our experience with VLC, I’ve identified several advantages worth highlighting:
- Easily available and accessible.
- Free of cost.
- Easy and friendly interface.
- No harm to the video quality, it is as fine as the original one.
- It can also split audio by following similar steps.
What If The Video Gets Corrupt?
Sometimes, videos can become corrupted for various reasons, or you might encounter a video that’s already corrupted. In such situations, professionals recommend employing an automated tool to repair video corruption. These automated tools are third-party solutions designed to address issues with corrupt, damaged, or broken videos, making it a straightforward process to restore them.
Here I am going to talk about Kernel Video Repair Software, which is a renowned tool that can fix any sort of corruption in the video of any size. Let’s know the tool closely:
- Fixes video corruption, ranging from minor to severe corruption
- Can repair single or multiple video files in a single cycle.
- Can recover video files of any size.
- Simple GUI.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows.
- Can process a wide range of video file formats.
- Comes with a free trial Version
In this blog post, we’ve explored a simple method for dividing a large video file using the VLC media player. We’ve provided a comprehensive walkthrough of the entire process, ensuring you understand how to achieve your desired outcomes. Additionally, we’ve addressed potential issues like file corruption and offered optimal solutions for tackling such challenges. Preserve your cherished memories and beloved videos by installing this software to ensure they endure indefinitely.