Due to some or the other reason, time may come where you might need to transfer your entire email address book from one PC to another PC. The first thought that must have come to your mind is re-type entire address book and other important email data and save them separately in the new system. But thankfully, we have an easy way out through which we can transfer all the Outlook data from one system to another.
In this blog I will provide you with step by step procedures to transfer your Personal Address Book (PAB) from one computer to another.
STEP 1: – COPYING THE FILE TO A STORAGE DEVICE
- Launch Outlook.
- Select File>Open & Export>Import/Export
- Click on Export to a file.
- Click Next and select Comma separated values.
- Select Contacts.
- Remember to save the file in .csv extension.
- Copy the .csv file to any external storage device such as a USB or a floppy.
STEP 2: – RESTORING FILE TO ANOTHER SYSTEM
- In the new system, insert the external storage device.
- Launch Outlook and again go to File>Open & Export>Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file.
- Click Next and select Comma Separated Values
- Select Browse and navigate the storage device along to select the file copied from another system.
- Select Do not import duplicate items
- Click Next and highlight Contacts.
Transferring address book from one system to another in Outlook is quite an easy task. All you need is to carefully select import and export option while transferring. The first export process is done as a csv file and then the file is imported to the new email program.