Applies to: Microsoft 2000 Standard edition
If you receive unmanageable number of messages everyday and you usually face problems in identifying important messages, you can flag messages that are important. With MS Outlook 2000, important messages can be flagged in inbox for easy identification. To follow up a message by any specific date, you can set a due date.
Sometimes, when you flag a message to follow up and set Due by date, you find that default time for reminder flag is 5.00 PM or late. Usually, this happens when the time used for flags is taken from calendar work week that is set in the Calendar Options dialog box.
Solution of the problem: To sort out this issue, you will need to change the reminder time in the Due by box when you set the flag on the message.
Before changing reminder time, you need to change the calendar work week. To change the calendar work week, follow these simple steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Select Calendar Options from available options.
- A dialogue box Calendar Option will appear. Make the changes that you want in the Calendar Options dialog box.
To set a message flag with a specific time:
- Open the message from your Inbox.
- Click the Flag for Follow Up button.
- In the Flag to list, click one of the options.
- Click the arrow to the right of the Due by box, and then choose a date from the Calendar Control dialog box.
- Click OK.
The issue of late default flag time for messages can be easily resolved by following above mentioned steps. These steps help you to change the calendar work week and set a message flag for desired time.
Kernel for Outlook to fix Outlook pst files is a result-oriented email recovery software for MS Outlook files. It successfully recovers emails, contacts, images, journals, attachments, and calendars, appointments with Unicode characters from the corrupt and inaccessible PST files. Free demo of the software enables users to evaluate the tool before purchasing full version of the software.