Ever noticed email duplication in your mailbox of Outlook 2016 or the 2019 version? If you have, you’ll know what we’re talking about! You’d want to get rid of them, wouldn’t you? But what causes this misery? Ever wonder? Here are the causes of duplicate email messages in your Outlook 2016 & 2019:
- Incorrect Outlook Rules: Mistakes cause the rules to be improperly configured. This, in turn, causes data duplication in the Outlook mailbox.
- The Send/Receive Intervals are Short: Due to the short frequency of the Inbox updates, the email messages, as well as the mailbox components, cannot synchronize properly. And this, again, leads to data duplication.
- The Account Setup is Incorrect: The configuration of the same email account multiple-times can be a cause of repeated synchronization of incoming data, which can cause duplication in the mailbox.
- Mailbox is Improperly Set: If you have incorrectly set the mailbox while creating an account, you might receive the same email message, calendar entries and contacts several times.
- Usage of Third-Party Antivirus: In case an anti-virus program is set on the machine in which Outlook runs, there is a good possibility that the Send/Receive process gets intercepted.
Why should one remove duplicate items from Outlook mailbox?
Now, let us see what impacts these duplicate emails might have on daily work. The following should well-explain these issues:
- The duplicity of emails has the potentiality of harming your productivity.
- Duplicate emails can create confusion and cause errors. Can you imagine having to reply more than once to the same mail? I mean, seriously, I’d be like “Yikes”!
- This duplicity can potentially impact your Outlook client’s loading performance. The more the messages get stored on your computer, the slower is its performance.
- Another hazard is that the duplicates fill up your Inbox. You will need to delete email in order that you comply with the allocated email storage capacity.
Having said the above, we should proceed to the next part where we learn how to do away with this duplicity issue.
How to remove duplicate emails from Outlook?
To remove duplicate emails, you need to understand the cause of the problem. Once you know what the cause is, use a suitable workaround. Listed below are the tips that you can use to get rid of duplicate emails:
- Check if the Outlook Rules are configured correctly.
- Since the short frequency of mail server updates causes duplicity in emails, change the frequency level to 15 to 30 minutes, that’ll prevent the duplicity of emails.
- Microsoft Outlook has plenty of utilities and add-ins that can clean up the duplicate emails. The Clean-up tool is one such an inbuilt feature within the application.
- If you’re facing duplicity of emails due to the anti-virus, disable the email-protection.
- Remove the duplicate emails using a third-party Outlook duplicates remover tool. Well, if the above methods don’t work out for good, don’t despair. And why should you? Kernel presents you with Kernel for Outlook Duplicates Remover to help you with the issue of Outlook duplicates.
- Performs an all-embracing search to find duplicate items in PST folders
- Removes, flags, moves, or copies duplicate email items as per need
- Finds out duplicates by date and time, sender or receiver name, etc.
- Permits you to save duplicate item(s) report in an HTML format
- Supports all versions of Outlook which include Outlook 2019/2016/2013
Looking for a tool to remove duplicate emails in Outlook 2016? Kernel for Outlook Duplicates Remover is your all-time aide when it comes to eliminating duplicate emails. Make sure you have Kernel for Outlook Duplicates Remover installed before the duplicity of the email becomes a nightmare!