With the evolution of digital cameras, trend of working with digital photos has revolutionized. Today, a professional photographer or one who like photography, shoots photos through their digital cameras, saves them on a computer for editing and development using Image editing software. Digital cameras have becomes a way to capture memories and computer/memory card/USB drive a storage media to keep those memories alive in the form of digital photos. But, been an electronic media, disaster of photos loss can come in your way anytime due to any of the following reasons:
- Accidental formatting of memory card/USB drive/computer’s hard disk drive where photos are stored
- Accidental deletion of photos
- Physical damage of storage media
- Corruption of the storage media
- Abrupt system shut down while copying photos from memory card/digital camera/USB drive to computer hard disk drive.
Due to any of the aforementioned reasons, you may encounter following problems/messages while accessing digital photos:
You may not see photos on storage media (memory card/USB drive/computer hard disk) if it has been accidentally formatted
- You will not be able to view photos if they have been accidentally deleted
- The Memory card requires formatting message
- The Card has wrong format message
Any of these problems/messages can put you in trauma of losing your valuable photos collection. However, sometimes it may happen that you are not able to see photos stored on your computer hard disk drive because the folder attribute in which your photos were stored has been set as Hidden.
Therefore, in case you do not see photos on your computer hard disk drive, execute the following steps to check if the folder has been marked hidden:
- Double-click the hard disk drive on which your photos were stored.
- Select Folder Options in Tools menu.
- Select View tab and click Show hidden files and folders option under Hidden files and folders.
- Click Apply and OK
You will be able to see the folder in which your photos were stored. But, if you do not see any such folder then the only way for you to recover your photos is Kernel for FAT and NTFS – Digital Photo Recovery software. The software efficiently recovers lost photos from computer hard disk drive, USB storage media, Memory cards, etc. The software supports a large number of image formats, such as JPG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, GIF, GIFF, PCX, MPEG, and MPG.