Read time 6 minutes
When transitioning from GroupWise to Office 365 or Exchange, careful research and consideration are crucial. Office 365 offers cost-effective, secure, and automated updates, making it a compelling choice. However, migrating GroupWise 2014 to these platforms isn’t straightforward natively. Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Exchange simplifies the migration process, offering compatibility with different login methods, data types, and archive migration, ensuring a smooth transition.
After using GroupWise for an extended period, transitioning to a new email platform like Office 365 becomes an appealing prospect. Office 365, a Microsoft subscription service, offers a comprehensive suite of essential applications, including Exchange Online for business use. It eliminates the necessity for on-premises infrastructure, allowing you to subscribe to a tailored Office 365 plan and access software as a service. However, making an informed decision based on thorough research and aligning with your organization’s specific needs is imperative.
Numerous questions may arise, prompting the need for comprehensive answers. Consider these key inquiries:
- Is it cost-effective than on-premises IT environment?
Office 365 subscription costs are determined by the software you use and the number of users. This flexibility allows you to downgrade or upgrade as needed, ensuring a cost-effective solution.
- Is it secure enough for the professional data?
Data security remains a paramount concern for organizations, leading to ongoing investments in enhancing security measures. Moreover, organizations must retain data for extended periods to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Office 365 boasts a multitude of built-in security features that provide comprehensive data protection. Additionally, it offers robust data retention capabilities, aiding organizations in meeting their legal and compliance obligations.
- Do I need to pay for each update in the software?
Unlike on-premises installations where users often overlook updating their software and continue using older, outdated versions, Office 365 automatically handles software updates at no extra cost. Users can enjoy the latest features and enhancements hassle-free.
How to Migrate GroupWise 2014 to Exchange or Office 365?
Migrating GroupWise 2014 mailboxes to Office 365 or Live Exchange isn’t straightforward using native methods. However, professional migration tools, like Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Exchange, are available to simplify the process. This software offers various login methods for GroupWise and supports the migration of all data types. It also features a unique option for migrating GroupWise archive mailboxes to Live Exchange/Office 365.
Here is the whole process of using the software:
- Install the software using the given instructions. Then start it and choose the first option among the two – Multiple mailboxes using Proxy.
NOTE: If you want to migrate the mailboxes in multiple batches, then use the second option – Multiple mailboxes using Batch file.
- There are various modes that enable you to access your account – Default Mode, Login Mode, and Command Line Mode. Also, there is another option to select the Archive folder also. Choose as per your convenience and click Next. The Default Mode is chosen by default.
- Input the user name & password of your GroupWise 2014 account and provide the Online Address. Click OK.
- All the folders of your GroupWise mailbox are displayed, and you can visit any item to get its preview. Now click the Export button.
- Choose the second option, ‘Save to Live Exchange/Office 365.’ Choose OK.
- By default, Live Exchange is selected. But select Office 365.
- Enter the Office 365 username and password. Click OK.
- Map the source mailboxes with the target mailboxes using the Mapping button.
Note: When you click the Mapping button, the Select Target Mailbox button appears. Select the user mailboxes. Select the required mailbox and click OK.
- The new page is ‘Export Options’ which has multiple filter options to migrate specific data. Click Export after making your selection.
- The migration starts. You can see the progress and also choose to either hide or stop the progress.
Read Also : How to Search Message Attachments in GroupWise?
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Exchange effectively addresses the absence of a native solution for GroupWise 2014 to Office 365/Exchange migration. It offers support for all GroupWise/Exchange versions and various Office 365 plans. This tool provides the convenience of batch migration using Excel sheets, making it a comprehensive solution for migrating GroupWise 2014 to Office 365.