Read time 7 minutes
Chats are the core activities of Microsoft Teams application. The Administrator can invite members from organization internally and communicate with them. The chats are the threaded messages that appear thoroughly in the user screen. Each message has the name of the sender and a timestamp. The chats remain persistent so that the user does not need to check the previous chat history like Skype for Business.
A user can mark a chat as important or urgent and send emoji, link, and GIFs along with the text. If a user marks a message as important, then they appear with a red border and an exclamation mark. The receiver will get a constant notification for an important message until they see it.
Apart from one-to-one chat, the Administrator can create a group and add several members in it. Each user will get the threaded appearance for chats.
How Does a User Connect with Microsoft Teams?
When the Administrator has created a new Team, then they can invite the other user to it using a specific link or direct invitation. The name of a team will be unique in an organization.
How to Migrate Chats in Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft has not provided any manual method to migrate specific chats in a Team. But, if you want to migrate entire Team, then you can use Kernel Microsoft Teams Migration software to migrate it. It will migrate multiple Teams to different account of Office 365 tenant.
Let’s check the process of running a smooth migration using the software-
- Start the software from Application menu and go to Microsoft Teams.
- Choose Add Teams after right-clicking to Microsoft Teams.
- The ‘Add Teams’ is the login wizard in which you can choose one login method to connect with your team. The project name is necessary, and it should be unique for the software.
- After selecting a login method and providing its details. Click Register and connect.
- An additional Login will appear for both Basic and Modern Authentication. It shows the additional requirement for login types for registering app in the Active Directory. It requires to provide account credentials twice. Click OK.
- Copy the Application ID and follow the listed instructions to register the app. After completing the instructions, click OK.
- A message will ask that if you have completed the Role Assignment process in the AD. Click Yes and it will list all the Teams.
- The software has checked the credentials and connected with the Team.
- Go to destination section and choose Add Teams after selecting Microsoft Teams.
- You can choose same or different login method and click on Register and connection option.
- The destination team is connected too.
- In the list of source Teams, choose a Team, right-click and select Copy.
- Go to destination list of Teams, right-click on a Team and select Paste.
- In the mapping page, the red color shows that the Team in not present in the destination. The blue color shows that the team is already present in the destination team. You can change the mapping accordingly. Then, click Start Migration.
- Migration will start with quick transfer for each Team object.
- After the completion of migration, a pop will appear providing a message related to the successful migration.
- There is a migration summary of the completed migration too. It has information and status related to the migrated Team’s items.
Q- I have some custom-made memes in a private channel. Will they migrate using the software?
A- Yes, the software can migrate the custom-made memes present in the private channel.
Q- Some meetings were scheduled in the company and I don’t want to lose them after the migration.
A- The software will also migrate the meeting present in Teams. So, you can access same meeting information after the migration.
Q- Microsoft Teams is used to calling also. So, will the calling feature present in a new Team?
A- Your call details will migrate in the teams also. It will be present in the call section like it was present in the source Team.
Q- Will the structure of chat change during or after the migration?
A- The software will protect the structure of chat. It will not change during or after the migration.
Q- Microsoft uses multiple protocols for video calls, voice calls, etc. will they stop the software from migration?
A- The software maintains the correct protocol for each aspect of a Team. So, it will not stop the software from migration.
Kernel Microsoft Teams Migration software removes the hurdles to migrate chats in a Team. If you have a team that has some important chats in it, then you should use the software and migrate complete team.
The software gives you the deep control to migrate entire data between Microsoft teams. It will migrate chats, calls, meetings, calendar, apps, and complete Team data.