Read time 7 minutes
It is to no surprise that MS Outlook’s calendar is a must-have feature for keeping track of activities, events, and other tasks. Most of the Outlook users are aware of the Calendar feature and use it regularly to plan their month in advance. It is simple to use it; click on a date to set a reminder for it. If you have an upcoming event, meetings, or tasks, then Outlook will send you alert messages as a reminder; you can snooze or dismiss the reminder as per your convenience. Also, make sure you are fully utilizing the Calendar features to get most out of it. Following are the few features that we think are worth mentioning:
- Easily create appointments and events
- Invite people and organize meetings
- View group schedules (in your organization/building)
- Create & view separate calendars for work and personal use side-by-side
- Overlay view feature
- Synchronize SharePoint calendar
- Send Calendar to a contact as an email attachment
- Subscribe to internet calendars
- Manage the calendar of another user
Let us now explore some ways to quickly and effectively export Outlook calendar to MS Word manually. The top four manual ways are listed below:
Method #1: Take a Screenshot of Calendar
- Open the Calendar in Outlook.
- Make sure you have selected the Monthly Calendar view.
- Next, Scroll Left or Right to select the month in the calendar which you want to export.
- Now, create a new Word document and open it.
- Got to the Insert tab in the Menu bar and click Screenshot from the drop-down menu.
Note: Make sure you don’t minimize Outlook while taking the screenshot.
- Similarly, repeat the method to import any month’s calendar into MS Word.
Method #2: Copy the emailed Calendar to MS Word
- Click on the Email Calendar from the menu bar of Outlook.
- A new email message will pop up. Fill the fields to proceed.
- Now, the Calendar details will be inserted automatically in the message body.
- Copy the message body and paste it in a new Word document file.
- Repeat the process to copy for other months.
Method #3: Export using OneNote
- Open the Calendar in MS Outlook.
- Go to the File > Print; select Monthly Style from Settings. Now, select Send to OneNote from Printer and click Print.
- MS OneNote will now open with the calendar.
- Now go to File tab > Export > select Word Document Format > click on Export.
- You will be asked to give the location for saving the calendar. Provide a name and click Save.
Method #4: Export as a .csv File
- In Outlook, go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Here, choose Export to a File and click Next.
- Now select the Comma Separated Values option and hit Next.
- Now select Calendar from the tree view structure and click on Next.
- Now select where you would like to save the.csv file.
- Finally, you will be asked to set a date range so that the appointments in-between that time is only exported. Click OK.
- Locate the .csv file and open it
- Now press CTRL+A and then CTRL+C to copy.
- Open a new Word document file and press CTRL+V to paste the content.
- Repeat the process for all other months.
Kernel for Outlook PST Tool
Most of these manual methods are time-consuming; hence, many users might be looking for an automated Outlook file repair tool. One such tool is Kernel for Outlook PST Repair. With the help of this excellent tool, users can easily export the Outlook calendar to RTF file so that it can be opened in MS Word. Apart from that, it has a lot of additional features to offer. Some salient features are listed below:
- Repair damaged Outlook Data File (PST)
- Can repair large size PST files
- Can recover deleted messages
- Saves recovered PST items to several formats such as DBX, MBOX, MSG, EML, TXT, RTF, HTML, and MHTML
- Can even export PST files to Office 365, email servers and webmails
We have looked at a total of four different ways to export Outlook calendar to MS Word manually. The manual methods appear to be lengthy and time-consuming. Hence, we recommend a professional third-party tool for this task. One such tool is Kernel for Outlook PST. This tool can not only export your Outlook calendars to Word format but also help to fix Outlook errors.