How to Export .pst File Data?
MS Outlook PST file is of utmost importance for accessing emails in Outlook in a non-Exchange environment. Sometimes we may need to export PST file data to many other important platforms for n number of reasons. In this blog, we are going to explain how one can export PST file data to some other platform. Before we start describing various steps involved in exporting PST file data, it is better to know what exactly exporting to PST file is.
When you want to back up only some part of your Outlook data, you can create a new backup PST file with only the data that you want to save or transfer to some other area. This is known as exporting of PST file data. Suppose you have some important stuff in one folder, and another folder with not-so-important stuff. Now you want to transfer that important folder; it will be irrelevant to transfer the whole bunch of folders. You can export only the important folder and skip folders like Sent Mail, or you can say which is not-so-important.
Manual Approach for Exporting PST File Data
Following are the simple steps that are involved in exporting a specific PST folder:
- Open Outlook.
- On the File menu, click on the Open & Export category. Now click on the Import/Export option on the right side of the menu.
- Click Export to File, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Click the folder that you want to export the .pst file to and then click Next.
Note: Don’t forget to check the Include subfolders box if you want to include all the subfolders of the folder you have selected.
- Click on the Browse, and then select the location where you want to save the file.
- In the File Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new .pst file, and then click OK.
- Click Finish.
Export Professionally with an Automated Method
Kernel for Outlook PST Repair is an efficient tool that can export PST files to Gmail, Office 365, Exchange Server, Domino Server, and GroupWise. The tool exports PST files with complete email properties, folder hierarchy, and structure.
If somehow your PST file data gets corrupted, then also you can consider Kernel for Outlook PST Repair software to repair the PST file and save its data to multiple file formats. It ensures speedy and accurate recovery of PST file data. Let’s know how it works with the help of step by step screenshot representation:
- Download and install the tool on your system from the website of the tool. Run the tool and click on the Browse button to select a file.
- Once a file is selected, click on the Next button.
- In the next step, the tool will show you the process information; it explains the whole process of repairing, conversion, or export. Click on Finish to proceed.
- In the next step, have the preview of the data in the PST file. Click on the individual folders to have the preview of the data.
- Once done with having the preview of the files, click on the Save button to save the data.
- At this stage, select the format of the file or the destination where you want to export the file. Select the desired one and click on the Next button.
- Apply filters to the file; these filters allow you to save or transfer only the desired data to the new file. Once all the filters are applied, click on Next to proceed.
- Manage PST at this stage by choosing to split it or add a prefix to the file to identify it better. Click on the Next button to proceed.
- To provide a destination to the file, click on the Browse button and finalize a location where you want to save the new file. Choose the required options. Click Finish once done.
- Wait for the saving process to finish, click OK once done.
So, this is how you can recover, repair, convert, or transfer with Kernel for Outlook PST Repair in a few easy steps.
In this blog, we have discussed how one can export the PST data with the Export/Import feature and with Kernel for Outlook PST repair. After performing both of the methods, I concluded that using the software is way better than the manual method due to the simple approach and multiple options available.