Read time 7 minutes
This article explores two methods for exporting .pst file data: using the built-in Export/Import feature in MS Outlook and employing Kernel for Outlook PST Repair, a third-party tool. It concludes that the software is the more efficient choice due to its simplicity, various saving options, and filtering capabilities, making selective data migration easier and versatile.
MS Outlook PST files play a crucial role in accessing emails within the Outlook environment, especially in non-Exchange setups. However, there are instances when you may need to export PST file data to other important platforms for various reasons. In this blog, we’ll guide you on how to efficiently export PST file data to different platforms.
Manual Approach for Exporting PST File Data
MS Outlook offers an Export feature for exporting Outlook data, primarily designed for basic export requirements.
Here are the straightforward steps for exporting a specific PST folder:
- Open Outlook.
- On the File menu, click on the Open & Export category. Now click on the Import/Export option on the right side of the menu.
- Click Export to File, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Click the folder that you want to export the .pst file to, and then click Next.
Note: Be sure to check the ‘Include subfolders’ box if you want to include all the subfolders of the selected folder.
- Click on Browse, and then select the location where you want to save the file.
- In the File Name box, type the name you want to use for the new .pst file, and then click OK.
- Click Finish.
Export Professionally with an Automated Method
Outlook users often require more advanced features when exporting data. They may need a preview feature to view Outlook data before exporting, filtering options for selective export, or the ability to export to different platforms and file formats. These advanced capabilities are typically provided by professional third-party tools.
Kernel for Outlook PST Repair is an efficient tool that can export PST files to Gmail, Office 365, Exchange Server, Domino Server, and GroupWise. The tool exports PST files with complete email properties, folder hierarchy, and structure.
If your PST file data gets corrupted, you can also use Kernel for Outlook PST software to repair the PST file and save its data to multiple file formats. It ensures speedy and accurate recovery of PST file data and supports all Outlook versions. Here’s a step-by-step screenshot representation of how it works:
- Download and install the tool on your system from the website of the tool. Run the tool and click on the Browse button to select a file.
- Once a file is selected, click on the Next button.
- In the next step, the tool will show you the process information; it explains the whole process of repairing, conversion, or export. Click on Finish to proceed.
- In the next step, have the preview of the data in the PST file. Click on the individual folders to have a preview of the data.
- Once done with having the preview of the files, click on the Save button to save the data.
- At this stage, select the format of the file or the destination where you want to export the file. Select the desired one and click on the Next button.
- Apply filters to the file; these filters allow you to save or transfer only the desired data to the new file. Once all the filters are applied, click on Next to proceed.
- Manage PST at this stage by choosing to split it or add a prefix to the file to identify it better. Click on the Next button to proceed.
- To provide a destination to the file, click on the Browse button and finalize a location where you want to save the new file. Choose the required options. Click Finish once done.
- Wait for the saving process to finish, click OK once done.
So, this is how you can recover, repair, convert, or transfer with the software in a few easy steps.
In this blog, we have discussed two methods for exporting PST data: using the Export/Import feature and Kernel for Outlook PST Repair. After comparing both methods, it’s clear that using the software is more efficient and convenient. The Kernel tool offers a simpler approach, multiple saving options, and filtering options, making selective data migration easier and more versatile.