MS Outlook users frequently get different kinds of errors due to reasons like PST file corruption, relocation of the PST file, Outlook profile corruption, PST corruption, etc. And a very common error encounter by all Outlook users is error 0x8004010F.
The 0x8004010F error occurs in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 versions due to the corruption of Outlook profile. It stops the application from sending or receiving email messages. Whenever the user tries to send or receive an email, Outlook will give the following error:
0x8004010F: Outlook Data File cannot be accessed.
0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.
How to fix the Outlook error 0x8004010F?
The solution to fix Outlook error is to identify the location of default Outlook data file (PST) and then create a new user profile to make it the default profile. Here is the complete process:
- Locate the Outlook Data File (PST)
- Create a new profile in Outlook
- Set the new Outlook profile as the default
Method 1- Locate the Outlook Data File (PST)
- Start the Outlook application. Click File > Account Settings> Account Settings.
- In Account Settings, go to the Data Files tab and note the name and location of the default Outlook data file (the default data file always have a check mark before it). Click Close.
Method 2- Create a New Profile in Outlook
When you create a new Outlook profile using IMAP/POP3 account, you can do it manually or use the auto account setup. Both the ways are given here:
Use auto account setup to create an Outlook profile
- Go to Control Panel. Then click Mail. It will open Mail Setup – Outlook window.
- In Mail Setup – Outlook window, click the Show Profiles button.
- In the Mail dialogue box, click Add.
- Input a new Profile Name in the New Profile window. Then click OK.
- Input your user credentials in the Add Account window and click Next. The account is created.
Use manual method to create an Outlook profile
To create profile manually, follow the steps as:
- In Add Account, select the Manual setup or additional server types option. Then click Next.
- In Choose Service, select POP or IMAP to connect to a POP or IMAP account and click Next.
- In POP and IMAP Account Settings, input your account details. Under Deliver messages to, select Existing Outlook Data File. Click Browse and, select the Outlook data file of the previous account and click OK. Then click Next.
- In Test Account Settings, click Close and then Finish.
Method 3- Set the New Outlook Profile as the Default
To make the newly created Outlook profile as the default profile, follow the steps:
- Go to Control panel and click Mail.
- Now click on Show Profiles in the Mail Setup – Outlook.
- Then in the Mail window select the newly created profile, click Properties.
- In the Mail Setup windows, click on Email Accounts.
- In Account Settings window, go to Data File and click Set as Default. Click Close.
Now the new Outlook data file is created, and it will work without any issues.
Resolve Outlook errors using PST Repair tool
Some Outlook errors can occur due to corruption of PST files too. To get rid of such errors completely, you need a PST recovery tool. Try Kernel for Outlook PST Repair to recover all the PST data with accuracy. It has advanced algorithms to find specific items based on various criteria like from, to, send date, receive date, etc. The recovered files can be directly migrated to cloud platforms like Office 365 or email servers like MS Exchange live Server etc.
Proposed by Mr. Simon_Wu Microsoft contingent staff, Moderator
Read more : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f6885ef7-fdc5-460c-86a8-cf262ec795ef/microsoft-excgane-2010-mailbox