This article outlines and defines error messages that most of the users face while opening, downloading and working with a PDF file. Following are the error messages, reasons for occurrence and possible solution to deal with them:
An Error Occurred During File Transmission
Reason: This error message appears when there is any network connectivity issue or the network is slow.
Solution: Check your internet connection or contact your IT support staff to check on your network connectivity and then try again.
File Damaged and Cannot Be Repaired
Reason: This error message indicates that the file you are trying to download is damaged or corrupt.
Solution: Close the browser and try to download the file again.
“File does not begin with %PDF”
Reason: This error message appears when you try to open a PDF file. Reasons behind occurrence of this error can be the wrong file format, wrong saving technique, file corruption or email client incompatibility when file is received through email.
- Check File information to confirm the file format.
- Use correct and recommended saving technique if the file is saved from Internet Explorer.
- If you received the file through email then, you need to check whether the senders email program and you email program are compatible or not.
- Last but not the least, Check your file for corruption. If your file is corrupt, then get it repaired with an effective PDF repair tool.
“Error Locating Object Handler” When Downloading a .pdf File
Reason: This behavior can occur when there is a dependency with a Netscape Navigator plug-in (Nppdf32.dll) for Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Solution: To resolve this behavior, perform the following steps:
- Install the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader software from the Adobe Web site.
- Install the latest Netscape Communicator software from the Netscape Web site.
- Verify that the Nppdf32.dll file is in the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Reader\Browser
- C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\Plugins
If the Netscape software is not installed on your computer, copy the Nppdf32.dll file from the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Reader\Browser folder to the C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins folder.
However, most of the PDF file errors can be easily handled with proper guidance but when these errors result as PDF corruption, the situation becomes unmanageable and users need to repair PDF file. In such a situation, you will need to look around for an efficient and affordable PDF repair tool. Kernel for PDF Repair is the perfect tool to repair corrupt PDFs and rebuild them to make them accessible.