Read time 5 minutes
Fujifilm, or Fuji in general, is a Japanese company known for photography and imaging products, with headquarters in Tokyo. Some of the popular Fujifilm cameras are GFX, Fujifilm X-series cameras, and FinePix series cameras. In the present blog, we are going to discuss the recovery of photos from Fujifilm cameras.
There can be many instances when you find that the images you collected so meticulously with your camera are lost. Do not panic. This article is surely going to help you recover those lost images. Let us learn how.
NOTE: Do not use your camera further as soon as you realize that you have lost your photos.
Causes of Loss of Images From Fuji Cameras
Before you move towards the recovery of lost images, you should know what went wrong which you should avoid in the future least you face such a situation ever again. There can be many reasons why images got lost or are inaccessible.
- Accidental deletion of images: Sometimes you accidentally or recklessly press the ‘delete all’ button losing your hard efforts. So every time you delete a photo, do take care, what all you are deleting.
- Improper ejection of the memory card of your Fuji camera: Whenever you remove the memory card/SD card of your Fuji camera, you should be extra careful as it carries your creative efforts. Improper removal or ejection of it may cause damage to the memory card making data on it inaccessible.
- Formatting the memory card of your Fuji camera.
- Use of same memory card on different devices or use of same memory card again and again
- Virus attacks on the memory card.
- The process of transferring images fails and without realizing it, you empty the original images from your Fuji camera.
Precautions to avoid loss of photos from Fuji camera:
- Always keep a backup of your photos and do that regularly.
- Do not use your camera’s memory card on other devices.
- Whenever you eject the memory card from your camera, be extra careful to eject it properly.
- Avoid using your camera when its battery is low.
Recover Lost/Deleted Images From Fuji Camera
If you have taken a backup of your images then you can get your images back from the backup.
- ON YOUR COMPUTER: If you have taken the backup of your images on your computer then, you can get those images back from your computer.
- To get the images recovered from the backup connect the storage device of your camera to your computer.
- Go to the backup folder and copy it.
- Paste the backup folder into the storage device of your camera.
- Press ‘OK’ after the process is complete.
- Restart your camera.
- ON CLOUD: It is always advised to keep a backup of your data on the cloud platforms like Google Drive, DropBox, etc. so that in case of loss of such data you can sync that from cloud storage to your device like a phone, computer. Cloud storage is created to store data easily.
USING CMD :
You can use CMD (command) to recover inaccessible photos from the storage device of your camera. Follow the steps given below:
- Using a card reader, connect the SD card of your camera to your computer.
- Press Win+R together, the Run box will open.
- Type CMD and press ‘Enter.’
- The Command Prompt window will open.
- Type chkdsk E: / f
Note: substitute ‘E’ with the drive letter of the SD card you have connected to your computer.
- Press ‘Enter.’
- Type Y and press ‘Enter.’
- Type E and press ‘Enter.’
- Type E:\>attrib -h -r -s / s/d*.* and press ‘Enter’
- This will create a new folder in your SD card which will contain all the recovered photos.
- Copy these photos and save them at any location of your choice.
- In case your computer is not able to find the drive letter of the SD card of your Fujifilm camera then try to uninstall and re-install the system drives. Restart your computer and connect the SD card to your computer. You will be able to access your photos.
Recover from the Memory Card of Your Fuji Camera:
When you delete the photos stored from the memory card of your Fujifilm camera, their RAW data are not erased from the camera rather, only the file table entries of the photos get deleted. So you can recover the photos from the memory card of your camera using the Kernel Photo Recovery software. Maybe the photos have been deleted permanently, from the formatted drive, corrupt or damaged photos; whatever be the scenario, photos can be recovered easily by following process steps as guided by this software. All you need to do is download and launch the software, select the specific drive/storage device from which you wish to recover the photos and the format of photos. Let the software work to recover and save the recovered photos at any location of your choice. You can use the trial version to preview the recovered photos for no cost.
Kernel Photo Recovery helps you to recover lost and permanently deleted photos from your memory card, your computer, USB, Cameras like Fuji, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Kodak, etc. It enables you to preview the recovered photos to help you select the desired photos and to save them in any format and at any location of your choice.