Windows 7 is the latest version of Microsoft Windows series of Operating System. Ever since its release, there are lots of bugs still prevailing and do irritate us badly. But timely preventive measures can avoid them at a large.
- Use Windows 7’s Troubleshooting Tool: In Control Panel, there is a tool called Troubleshooting tool. On opening it, you’ll see various options like configuring devices, connecting to a network and checking if sound card is working correctly or not. It is a very good practice to start up with Troubleshooting tool on occurrence of a problem.
- Use Windows 7’s Problem Steps Recorder: If ever you are caught in midst of problem, then you can try Windows 7’s Problem Steps Recorder. It’s an inbuilt application of Windows 7 that, when activated, records the button presses and mouse clicks you make in order to generate an HTML-based report of the steps you took to cause a problem. Sending this report to tech-savvy let him diagnose what the problem is, where you’ve screwed up.
- Use Windows 7’s Experience Index: If you are noticing that Windows 7 is running slower, then take a look at the Windows Experience Index. With its scores you can analyze the real culprit, whether it’s your RAM that’s making your machine chunk, or your graphics card, or your slow hard drive. You can then replace them accordingly.
- Fix the Installer Bug: After running Windows 7 for few days, you will soon find that you’re unable to install programs. You can fix it easily. All you have to do is open up a Command Prompt in Administrator mode and type:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
- Install Antivirus Software: Security from threats, viruses, Trojans is foremost. Although Windows 7 is as secure as Vista, but still preventive measures are required. You need to install antivirus software. AVG is quite compatible with Windows 7, which runs just fine, and is available free.
- Turning OFF Sleep Mode: It is suggested to turn OFF sleep mode entirely instead of trying to find out whether or not your machine supports sleep. If you don’t, you’ll have to wake your machine up the hard way.
- Tweak Settings: SetteMaxer is a utility that’s able to tweak few settings not easily accessible to the normal user, like disabling auto-reboot on a crash, disabling Windows Defender or disabling UAC. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you shouldn’t mess with it.
Data recovery from Windows is a tedious task. It can take your nerves down to perform Windows data recovery. Windows data recovery software proves helpful when users need to recover data from FAT and NTFS partitions. Kernel for Windows helps you in every situation. Try out the Free evaluation version which will let you know the data recovery percentage.