Read time3 min
PDF files are the safest way to transfer documents over the internet and save them securely on a local PC irrespective of the Page Layout, Fonts and Colors used. These PDF files get corrupt at times due to varied reasons like virus contamination, incomplete downloads, and file errors.
Users can take some easy preventive measures to avoid PDF file corruptions:
- Clear your Temporary Internet files, browser’s cache, and then try again. If you will not perform this action, any additional attempt compels the browser to show you the damaged or corrupt version of the PDF document instead of downloading it again from the Web Server.
- Configure Adobe reader for not opening the PDF files in the browser.
- Update the Adobe Acrobat with the latest version available on the website of Adobe Systems. If you are already with the latest version on your PC, remove and re-install the application again.
- Upgrade the Web browser to newer versions that correctly display issues of PDF files sent dynamically using POST or ASP (Active Server Page) methods.
- Open a local copy of the PDF file in the Acrobat product.
- Ask the provider to modify the path of the PDF file so that the URL contains 256 characters or fewer characters, and then ask the provider to upload the file again.
- Upgrade Internet Explorer to the latest version, which supports an unlimited number of characters in the URL of the file path.
- If a copy of the PDF file opens in Acrobat, then check the URL of the PDF file. If the URL contains more than 256 characters, then do one of the following:
- If Acrobat product displays a blank screen or an error while opening, then clear your Temporary Internet files, browser history and refresh your web browser before making an additional attempt.
- Enable Acrobat ActiveX Control in Internet Explorer. Enabling this will change Internet Explorer’s security options for all ActiveX Controls.
- Download and install an alternative Web Browser and try downloading the PDF file again.
With these steps, you can avoid the problem of PDF file corruption that occurs during the file downloads.
Get the PDF Repair Software:
Kernel for PDF Repair is the best file repair software for Adobe Reader files. The software repairs the corrupt, damaged and inaccessible PDF files and extracts data from them to rebuild new PDF files. The PDF repair tool recovers every object of the file and saves it to a new file. It can repair multiple PDF files at a time along with all its data, including text, images, hyperlinks, comments, etc.