Office 365 is getting popular day by day. Organizations are switching over to Office 365 from their on-premises email systems to benefit from its cost efficiency and other advantages like zero-maintenance and universal accessibility. Users of IBM Lotus Notes are not an exception.
IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration
Lotus Notes is quite difficult to use. So it is not suitable for novice and non-technical users. It is expensive, and cost of maintenance is also high. So it is natural that many Lotus Notes users are eager to migrate to Office 365. Also, Office 365 provides more benefits and services than Lotus Notes.
If you want to export Notes/Domino NSF files to Office 365, please try Lotus Notes to Office 365 Tool
Migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365
One can migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365 with the help of IMAP Connector. Below mentioned are the steps for Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration:
- Backup NSF files
First of all, back up your NSF files. In case your migration fails and NSF files get corrupt during the migration, you can recover the mailbox data from the backups.
- Create new Mailboxes for each NSF user
Now, create new mailboxes for each user who has an account in IBM Lotus Notes.
- Enable IMAP TCP/IP port
You need to enable the IMAP TCP/IP port for each user account. Just follow the upcoming steps to do the same:
- Open Domino Administrator in Lotus Notes Application.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Open the Server document which executes the IMAP service.
- Click Ports>Internet Ports>Mail tab.
- In Mail (IMAP) column, change the ‘TCP/IP port value status’ to Enabled.
- Click the Save button to save the changes and close the application.
- Synchronize with IMAP Connector
Finally, use IMAP connector to synchronize mailboxes between Lotus Notes and Office 365.
Drawbacks of manual Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration
The manual migration process has many drawbacks.
- The firewall and proxy server of Lotus notes may block the connection to the Internet.
- NSF files which are more than 1 GB in size are not migrated.
- Calendar items have to be migrated manually.
- The migration process is quiet lengthy and time taking.
- Only a technical expert can perform the migration without any hassle.
An easy method for NSF to Office 365 migration
An easy method for migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365 is available. It is by using Kernel Office 365 Migrator for Lotus Notes. This tool can migrate all the mailbox items like emails, calendars, appointments, drafts, journals, address books, appointments, tasks, attachments, sent items, and calendar. Also, it ensures smooth migration without any data loss.
Features of Kernel Office 365 Migrator for Lotus Notes
- Unlimited NSF file migration
One can migrate multiple NSF files simultaneously to Office 365 using this tool. Also, the multiple NSF file migration can be automated with the help of a CSV file if needed.
- Preview of NSF data before migration
The preview option of the tool lets the user see the content of the selected NSF file before migrating it. It helps in verifying the data.
- Three savings formats
Using this tool, one can save the NSF emails in three different formats TEXT, HTML, and RTF (Low quality & high quality).
- Modify folder name before saving
The tool allows users to rename mailbox folders (Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Trash, etc.) before saving to Office 365.
- User-friendly GUI
The tool is designed in such a way that even non-technical user can perform the migration without any assistance.