Read time 6 minutes
Nowadays, Microsoft Teams have gained great trust among business organizations to handle all the internal communication. The user can even upload files that are shareable with other users, and the Team Admin can create various channels to discuss specific topics.
Due to the pandemic, most businesses have a distributed workforce and so require a dependable platform for real-time collaboration, chats, video calls, and data sharing.
Microsoft Teams has all these features, and it comes with Office 365 subscription plans for Business and Enterprise versions. So, it becomes easier for the administrator to facilitate chats, file sharing from different sources, and various applications in Teams. As we mentioned earlier, businesses work with scattered workforces, and so there can be multiple Teams to meet different requirements.
If you have many such teams with important chats and files, and you would want to access them simultaneously, try a Teams migration, i.e., connect two tenants of Office 365 and migrate the entire Team, including its content.
Why do businesses need to migrate Microsoft Teams?
- If the current Team requires an important piece of information present in an earlier Team, you can migrate the Team data to the new Team.
- When the subscription of an older Office 365 account is expiring, and you want to protect the data, you can migrate the Teams data to another account.
- If the domain is expiring, then you can migrate the Teams to a new domain.
- When there are important files in an existing Team, you can migrate them to a new Team.
How to migrate Teams between Office 365 tenants?
There is no direct manual solution to migrate Microsoft Teams, but you can use Kernel Microsoft Teams migration software if you want to use professional software. It recognizes the nuances of a Microsoft Team environment and migrates the data completely. Here is the process to migrate Teams using our software-
- Start Kernel Migrator for SharePoint software and go to Microsoft Teams at the Source section.
- Right-click the Microsoft Teams option and choose Add Teams.
- In the Add Teams wizard, you need to input a project name and details like Tenant ID, Username, Client ID, and Client Secret. All these details are accessible from the active directory in the Azure Portal. Use the below link-
- After inputting all these details, you need to click Register and Connect button.
- A Team has connected to the software.
- Now, right-click in the destination section of Microsoft Teams and choose Add Teams.
- Use the same method to retrieve information from Azure Portal and click Register and Connect.
- The software has connected to the destination Office 365 tenant also.
- Go to the source section and copy the Team that you want to migrate.
- Go to the destination section and paste the Team there.
- The migration wizard shows you a mapped screen where the same Teams are mapped with the destination Teams. If the Team is not present at the destination, then the color will be red. You can also provide a new Team at the destination. Click, Start Migration.
- The migration starts.
- The Migration has completed successfully. Click OK.
- The Migration Summary shows the migration status of each Team. You can save the report in CSV format also.
What does the software migrate?
The software migrates the Team along with the content that is present in it.
- Conversation History
The basic job of the Team is to add multiple users at the same place so that they can chat. Our software migrates threaded chat messages, replies, mentions, links, etc., along with timestamps and their features.
Channels are topic-based conversations that admin can create and add members to it. The software migrates the entire channel and the committed chats in it.
If you uploaded the documents in the files section, you would find them at the destination Team because the software will migrate them.
All the details of previously committed calls will be migrated.
If you had added third-party applications, then the software will migrate them too.
The calendar entries will be migrated securely.
Microsoft Teams have earned millions of users in the previous 2 years as most employees work from their homes. When the business wants to unify data present in different Teams, Kernel Microsoft Teams Migration software will make such tasks more manageable.
The software lets you select multiple Teams and migrate them completely. It will migrate chats, files, links, attachments, features, permissions, calls, activities, calendar, and all data present in each Team. The user can access the Teams data instantly after the migration.