How to Import Google Contacts to Outlook 2019?
Read time 9 minutes
Summary: Since Outlook extends accessibility to various email platforms, users often require their Google contacts imported into Outlook. This can be done smoothly by exporting contacts in an Outlook CSV file and importing the same using the import/Export facility. However, for exporting bulk data from multiple G Suite accounts, Kernel G Suite Backup is the right fit.
Google’s Gmail is a popular email platform that is used widely across the globe. Many Small and medium-sized businesses prefer to create Google Workspace (G Suite) accounts with their own domain to use all its features and functionalities.
But many organizations and individuals also use Outlook to manage their Gmail and other email accounts. It supports email services like Yahoo, Outlook.com, and Exchange/Office 365 accounts. However, there are times when we need access to Google contacts in other email services also.
That’s where the need to import G Suite data to MS Outlook arrives. However, most organizations are not interested in moving the entire data at once; they just want to import Gmail contacts to outlook first. Now, as you know, you can easily export them to Outlook PST.
Here, we will discuss how you can export Google’s contacts and then import contacts to Outlook from Gmail with easy methods.
Download Kernel G Suite Backup tool to import G Suite contacts to MS Outlook 2019 in secure and simple way.
Export Contacts from Gmail
- Open your Gmail account and go to Contacts from the Menu section.
- After opening Contacts, click the Export option in the left menu.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen; select the type of contacts you want to export, choose the Outlook CSV option as an export format, and then click Export.
- The contacts will be exported to your system in Outlook CSV format.
After exporting the contacts, you can now import contacts to Outlook from Gmail.
Import Google Contacts to Outlook
To import Google contacts to Outlook 2013/2016/2019, ensure you have installed the specified MS Outlook on your system After that, you can follow the below steps:
- Launch MS Outlook on your system and go to the File tab.
- Select the Open/Export option and then click the Import/Export option.
- In the opened tab, click Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Now, select the Comma Separated Values option and click Next.
- From the Import a File section, click Browse and select the CSV file of your Gmail contacts.
- Choose how you want to handle duplicated contacts and click Next.
- In the next step, select the Contacts folder in your Outlook mailbox, click Next, and then click Finish.
Outlook will import all the contacts from the .CSV file, and you can check the contacts in the mailbox. To view your contacts in MS Outlook, select the Address Book, and click Contacts. It will display all the contacts in your Outlook, including the recently imported contacts.
Challenges while Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook
Importing contacts to Outlook from Gmail is not a big deal, but there are some challenges that you might face while doing so.
- Importing more than 2000 contacts could result in an unexpected error. In this case, try to split the CSV into smaller .csv files with MS Excel.
- Contacts might not appear after importing them to Outlook. In this case, check whether the CSV file has contacts.
- Contact info is missing in the CSV file after Import. In such scenarios, you can use MS Excel to edit information on the CSV file, such as names and other missing information.
- The methods require users to be technically sound; otherwise, it could result in data loss.
Apart from the above errors, there is one more thing that you need to know. With the above method, you can only export/import contacts from a single Gmail account. However, if you have a G Suite account that holds multiple accounts with multiple contacts, then you need an advanced utility that allows you to export contacts from multiple accounts at a time.
How to Import Contacts from Multiple Gmail Accounts to PST
Kernel G Suite Backup is an advanced tool that is designed to export all your Google Workspace data to Outlook PST format. Besides, it gives you advanced filtering options that allow you to export specific items like contacts from your Google account. It follows a simple working process that makes it even more suitable for all types of users.
Here, we will cover how you can export contacts from multiple Google accounts to Outlook PST.
- Install and launch the software on your system, and click the Add button to add the G Suite account.
- In the G Suite login page, provide the details for the G Suite account, such as email ID, service account ID, and P 12 file path. Now, select the option ‘List all mailboxes’ and then click Get User Mailbox.
- The software will fetch all the mailboxes linked to G Suite. Select the specific mailboxes and click Add.
- Once the selected mailboxes are added, click the Set Filter and Migrate option.
- The filter section window will appear on the screen, select the Contacts from every mailbox and click I am OK Start Migration.
- Now, select the format in which you want to export the G Suite mailboxes and click OK.
- Select a location to save the contacts on your system and click OK.
- The tool will start exporting the contacts in PST format. Once it is finished, a notification will appear on your screen, confirming the same.
After finishing the process, you can save the report to CSV format as well.
Video Tutorial to Backup G Suite/Google Workspace Contacts to Outlook
Importing contacts from Gmail becomes necessary, especially when using other email services or accounts in MS Outlook. It can be easily achieved by manual methods where contacts are first exported from Gmail and imported to Outlook. But certain limitations do come in the way of this method. In addition, importing multiple contacts from multiple Gmail accounts is not easy with manual processes. Thus, it would help if you have an alternate solution to import Gmail contacts to Outlook. This article discussed importing contacts from G Suite mailboxes to Outlook PST with an advanced utility.
This is the simplest method I have ever used. Many thanks to the KernelApps support team for their time and support. I like to share this tool with others who are looking to transfer e-mail data.
Does your tool allow me to take G Suite contacts backup from multiple accounts to PST.
Yes, you can easily export contacts from multiple Google accounts to PST.