Read time 6 min
In this era of social networking, career networking has gained a lot of attention lately. Due to the recent advances in social media, the conventional ways of professional networking are slowly dying out, hence making way for the more efficient alternatives. Undoubtedly, websites such as LinkedIn have already proven that they have the capabilities to cater to the ever-growing need of professional and career networking of users from the comforts of their home or office. A statistical survey conducted in late 2018 suggests that LinkedIn has nearly half a billion members in more than 200 countries, including members from the Fortune 500 companies. Outlook.com, on the other hand, does not need any introduction as it is one of the most trusted and secure web-based email clients that many individuals use to send and receive their correspondences. Therefore, LinkedIn Outlook.com integration is desired by many individuals to grow their professional contacts in order to climb the corporate latter much faster.
In this post, we will explore ways to sync and export LinkedIn contacts with Outlook.com. Following are some the feasible ways to do that:
Sync LinkedIn Contacts with Outlook.com
To synchronize your Outlook.com contacts with LinkedIn, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to your Outlook.live.com profile and click on the People tab located in the (lower) left pane.
- Now left-click on any of the contacts from the list.
- In the reading pane, click on the LinkedIn tab, as shown below:
- In the pop-up window, click on Continue to LinkedIn button to proceed.
- Next, enter your LinkedIn login credentials and click on Sign In.
- Click on Accept to proceed further.
- From the contacts list, click on any contact in the reading pane click on the LinkedIn tab. Now, you will notice that the public LinkedIn profiles of your contacts are visible. Click on the profile to know more.
Export Contacts from LinkedIn to Outlook.com
It is quite straightforward to export LinkedIn contacts to Outlook.com and can be accomplished in a few simple steps described below:
- Click on My Network > Contacts (located in the left pane).
- Next, click on Export contacts.
- Check the second option, choose Connections, and click Request archive.
- Now, enter your LinkedIn password; click Done.
- In a few minutes, you will receive an email on your account that is linked with LinkedIn. Open the mail and click on the link to download the data archive. You will be taken to a new webpage; click on the Download archive button to proceed.
- A zip file will be downloaded. Right-click and select Extract here (assuming you already have a ZIP/ RAR extractor). A CSV file will be extracted; save it somewhere for later use.
- Next, log in to your outlook.live.com account and click on the People tab.
- Now, in the Manage tab, from the drop-down menu, select Import Contacts.
- Click on the Browse button to import the connections.csv file.
- Click on the Import button to import the CSV file.
- Next, click Looks, OK, continue.
- Now, check your Contacts list. You should now see the newly imported LinkedIn contacts. Congratulations! You have successfully imported your LinkedIn connections into Outlook.com
LinkedIn-Outlook.com integration is a very efficient way to boost productivity at work. In this post, we have discussed how to sync LinkedIn contacts with Outlook.com. Additionally, we have also looked at a way to export your LinkedIn contacts to Outlook.com using a .csv file without any hassle.