While working with MS Access databases, nothing is more frustrating than the corruption of .mdb database files storing all your important information. In such a situation, only powerful and competent Access recovery tools can repair the corrupted database and conveniently recover all its components. A more practical approach to the situation is to prevent corruption. Below are some of the useful strategies that can be used to prevent your database from being corrupted.
- Split your database: If more than one user accesses the database, then split the database into two pieces “front-end” and a “back-end.” The front-end contains all the forms, queries, and reports and the back-end contains data in tables. A copy of the front-end is placed on each user’s computer, and the shared folder is maintained on the network to store the backend tables
- Do not hold connections open: Always remember to close the Microsoft Access database connections after finishing your work. Open Access database connections always have the chance of becoming corrupt if network connections are lost.
- Exit the database correctly: Always close the database correctly. After completion of tasks, close the application using the Exit option of File menu or Exit option provided by the Access application.
- Always use good quality hardware devices: Any slight defect in the network connections can corrupt your database. Always use good quality NICs, hubs and all other equipment used throughout your network. For the better quality, it is advisable that you use branded products only. The plastic wafer and silicon of a non-branded product is the first step towards the corruption
- Compact and repair regularly: Performing the built-in compact and repair function regularly is suggested to prevent corruption and improve performance
- Defragment the Hard disk: Defragmenting the hard disk is the most effective way if you are dealing with MDB files. Fragments are very often seen in the disks with less or zero disk space, and MDB files may get quite big. This can make the work going on less efficient
With these simple steps, you will be able to stop most of the problems before they occur. Implement the tips mentioned above and execute a sensible automated backup schedule to minimize issues of data loss.
Despite taking preventive measures, your Access database may get corrupt anytime. In that situation, you will need to go for prudent and sensible Access Database Repair software for complete recovery of database components. In that case, it is advisable that you must use a trusted access database recovery software, just like Kernel for Access Database Repair
With manual solutions, you can only prevent Access database to corrupt. However, if it is already corrupt due to any reason, using Kernel for Access Database repair software is an effective way to recover corrupted Access Database. It is known for instantly recovering MDB and ACCBD files. You can recover even password-protected access database files without losing the integrity of the data. This software allows you to have a look at the preview of the recovered data before saving it at the desired location. The trial version allows you to experience the software and its functioning closely.