Read time 3 minutes
This article addresses common Outlook/Outlook Express email errors and their potential causes, including connectivity issues, incorrect settings, and software problems. It provides troubleshooting methods, including verifying internet connectivity and checking account settings. If issues persist, it recommends using Kernel for Outlook Express recovery and Kernel for Outlook PST Repair for comprehensive email recovery.
In this article, we will explore essential troubleshooting tips for resolving Outlook and Outlook Express errors. When attempting to send or receive emails, you may encounter error messages such as:
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
- The server could not be found. (Account:account name, POPserver:’mail’, Error Number: 0x800ccc0d)
- Task ‘server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800ccc0f): ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded:? K’
- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes of this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account. account name, Server: ‘server name’, Protocol: POP3, Server Response: ‘+OK’, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800ccc0f
- Task ‘SMTP server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x80042109): ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
- The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a
- A time-out occurred while communicating with the server 0x800ccc19
These error messages arise when MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express fail to establish a connection with the Email Server. Additionally, these errors can be attributed to one of the following factors:
- Either you are not connected to Internet or your mail server is temporarily unavailable.
- Your account settings are incorrect
- Your user profile on Outlook has been damaged
- Any email on your POP3 server is damaged
- Anti-Virus software configuration is incorrect
- Outlook Express was removed from the computer
- Configuration of your personal firewall software is incorrect
In order to troubleshoot these errors, follow the methods given below:
Method 1– Verify that you are connected to the Internet and your mail server is not temporarily unavailable:
- Launch any Internet browser
- Try searching for any website by typing its URL in the address bar. If you still face connectivity problems, try troubleshooting for the same. However, if you are successfully connected to the Internet, try the next step.
- Send yourself a test mail to ensure that you can send/receive emails without getting an error message.
- If in case you receive an error message, verify your account settings.
Method 2– Verify Account Settings for Outlook by following the steps given below:
- Click on Start and click Run
- Copy and paste the following command in the Open box and then press ENTER – Control Panel
- If you are in Classic View, double-click on Mail. In Mail Setup dialog box, go to step 5.
- If you are in Category View, under Control Panel, click Switch to Classic View and then double-click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box opens
- Click on Show Profiles in the Mail Setup dialog box
- On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used and then click on Add
- In the Profile Name box, fill the name that you want to utilize as new email profile and click OK
- In the Email Accounts dialog box, click Add a new email account and click Next
- Click the apt server type for your new email account and click Next
- Type your account information in the required boxes and then click Next
- Click Finish and then click OK
Following these steps, your Outlook Express or Outlook should function correctly. If issues persist, it’s advisable to consider repairing the Outlook Express database and PST file to recover emails and other mailbox items. Kernel for Outlook Express recovery and Kernel for Outlook PST Repair are reliable email recovery solutions ensuring the retrieval of all emails from DBX and PST files.