Sometimes, while trying to logon to your Outlook Express account, you may encounter with the following error message:
0x800CCC91 POP3 INVALID USERNAME – Invalid username or username not found
- You have entered wrong/invalid user name.
- Your anti-virus has been set to automatically scan emails during send/receive process.
- Your mailbox might have been corrupted.
You can get rid of the 0x800CCC91 POP3 INVALID USERNAME – Invalid username or username not found error message in following ways:
- Check if the user name you have entered is correct or not. If the user name is wrong, retype the user name. Check your account login details through webmail. If you have configured POP3 account (Gmail, yahoo mail..) then you can request for recovery of user name and password from the email provider itself.
- If the anti-virus installed on your computer system has been configured to automatically scan incoming/outgoing emails then this problem is very common. Reconfigure the anti-virus settings to do not automatically scan emails.
- Uninstall the anti-virus of your system and then check if the error still appears.
- Take backups of your DBX databases and reconfigure the Outlook Express account profile.
Kernel for Outlook Express – DBX recovery software helps you recover emails from damaged DBX file by repairing it. While recovering emails, contacts, etc. from damaged DBX file, the software keeps emails formatting and properties as is. Therefore, you do not need to do any modification in recovered emails. With Kernel for Outlook Express to repair outlook express database, you can perfectly repair DBX files created in Outlook Express 4.0 and above versions.