IT administrators sometimes will have to import email files (of their employees) to the organization’s email servers – Exchange Server, IBM Domino, Novell GroupWise, or Office 365. This situation usually arises when employees work from home on their own systems. It is easy to import the files of the email clients supported by the email server – e.g., importing Outlook PST files to Exchange Server. However, importing MBOX files (of email clients like Thunderbird) to Exchange Server or other email clients is difficult. For that, administrators will have to use professional tools like Kernel for MBOX to PST.
Migration of MBOX data to Exchange/GroupWise/IBM Domino/Office 365
Kernel for MBOX to PST, apart from converting MBOX to PST, migrates your MBOX file to Exchange, Domino, GroupWise, or Office365. Another advantage of this tool is that it facilitates selective migration (migration of specific items) of MBOX data with the help of its email filters. It has many advanced features as well.
- Migrates MBOX files of 20 major email clients (all versions) like Thunderbird
- Allows migration of multiple MBOX files at a time
- Displays preview of MBOX files before saving
- Filters MBOX data on the basis of To, From, Subject, and Date fields
- Retains the original structure & properties of the mailbox items during migration or conversion
- Multiple saving options – Outlook, email servers (Exchange/Domino/GroupWise), & Office365
- File Analysis Reports to give details of emails according to frequency, date, sender, etc
How to save MBOX emails to Exchange, GroupWise, Domino, or Office 365?
It is easy to use Kernel for MBOX to PST to save MBOX data to email servers and Office 365. Before starting the migration, make sure that you have the login credentials of the email server (Exchange Server/Domino/GroupWise) or Office365.
STEP 1) Open Kernel for MBOX to PST. To add MBOX files for migration, click Select File.
STEP 2) Click Browse and select the folder containing MBOX files. After the selection, click Finish.
STEP 3) Your mailbox folders will get opened in a tree-like structure on the left pane. Select the required folder on the left. Select the required MBOX item in the upper-right pane to preview its content.
STEP 4) Select the required folders to migrate and click the Save.
STEP 5) In the Select Output Type dialogue box, select the required destination.
- To save to Exchange Server, select Microsoft Exchange Server
- To save to Office 365, select Office 365.
- To save to Novell GroupWise, select GroupWise.
- To save to Domino, select IBM Domino (Lotus Domino).
Click Next to continue.
STEP 6) Select filter(s) dialogue box is opened. Apply filters for quick selection (an example of Date Range filter application is shown below).
Step 7) In the Login details dialogue box, provide Exchange Server login details (you have an option to save the files to a specific folder. For this, select the checkbox and provide the folder name). Click Finish.
After the completion of the saving process, the software displays a confirmation message.
Saving MBOX data to other email servers and Office 365
You can use Kernel for MBOX to PST to save your MBOX files to Office 365, IBM Domino and GroupWise. The procedure is same. The Login details page of Office 365 is shown as an example.
Kernel for MBOX to PST Converter migrates MBOX files to popular email servers and Office 365. The tool, wih its user-friendly interface, helps to migrate MBOX files to the required destination easily.