Read time 8 min
MP4 video files though compatible with many video players, fail to play on a system that got the recent Windows update as the system does not contain the supported codec or decoder for playing the transferred or downloaded MP4 files. The best way to make these videos playable is to convert them into Windows Media Video (ASF) format.
Different methods to convert MP4 to WMV video file formats
We have brought our users some standard video conversion solutions. Try each one based on your resources and requirements to choose the best for your MP4 to WMV file conversion.
- VLC Media Player for Conversion
- Kernel Video Converter
- Zamzar online file conversion tool
Use the VLC Media Player for Conversion
VLC Media Player includes an integrated Convert feature, which allows converting MP4 video files to WMV video files using the interface. The manual method is free to use but does not assure converting heavy sized files accurately with maintaining original quality and properties. The process of video files conversion via the VLC Media Player is as follows.
- Launch the VLC Media Player on the system. Click on the “Media” tab and then select the “Convert/Save” option.
- Click “Add” to browse, select, and add the desired MP4 files for conversion.
- Select the MP4 files and click “Open” to add the video files.
- The MP4 video files are needed. Click “Convert/Save” to continue.
- Select the WMV file format from the drop-down list against the Profile section.
- Click “Start” to start the added video files conversion process.
- The multiple MP4 video file conversion process will start.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Find the converted video files into the same source folder.
Perform Instant & Automated Conversion
Get the exclusive reliable, and most efficient video converter tool available in the market known as Kernel Video Converter, capable of converting any video file format to another without altering the original video properties, quality, and resolutions. It is the easiest and convenient way to convert your MP4 video files to WMV format without any size restrictions.
- Go to Kernel Video Converter and get the tool installed on your system.
- On the start screen, click the plus icon to add the MP4 video file from the drive location.
- Select desired mp4 files for conversion and click “Open” to add them.
- Once the files are added, users can view the thumbnail preview to ensure video file conversion. Click “Next” to continue.
- Drag the scroll bar and search for the WMV file format to select as output. Once selected, click on “Convert Now.”
- Add the saving folder location for the files to be converted. Click on “Make New Folder” to create a new folder at any drive location where you desire to save the files. Select that folder and click “OK”.
- The file conversion will start, and users can view the progress, which completes soon.
- Once the conversion of MP4 files to WMV is completed, the Success status is visible. Click on the highlighted link to visit the destination folder directly. Users can either click “Close” to exit the application or click the “Save to CSV” option to save the video files conversion report to CSV file format.
- The successful conversion of MP4 files to WMV format is achieved.
Convert MP4 Video Files into WMV Online
There are many free online video converter tools available in the market, and you can try any one of them to convert your MP4 video file to a WMV video file. The only restriction in this way is the non-availability of apt features and limited maximum file size. Also, users need to have a strong internet connection to perform the uninterrupted online video file conversion. Let us understand the basic working of these tools with an example – Zamzar online file conversion tool.
- Go to this link, Zamzar – video converter, audio converter, image converter, eBook converter to open the online video converter tool.
- Click on the “Add Files” option to add the desired number of MP4 files for conversion.
- Select the files from the system folder location and click “Open” to add them.
- Next, select the output video file format as “WMV” from the drop-down list.
- Once the output format is selected, click “Convert Now” to start the conversion.
- The conversion will start with the view of the live progress of files uploading.
- The files will get converted soon and ready to download.
We have described the possible ways to convert MP4 files to WMV, including the native and automated solutions. Try manual solutions first to check if it works for you. If you do not get successful results, you have the most efficient professional tool to fulfill your need to change video file format anytime as described above.
Secure your video files’ originality and integrity by choosing the automated Kernel Video Converter solution. It also saves your time and effort in converting the bulk of video files in one go leaving no limitations on file size.