Read time 4 minutes
Microsoft Outlook is one such email client that has made lives easier for all professionals. This utility allows its users to manage various email accounts, including Zoho Mail, at a single location. It can effectively organize the user’s personal and confidential information, including emails, calendar, contacts, tasks, appointments, notes, and others. A smart decision would be to add your Zimbra Mail to Outlook. It is a complex and detailed procedure that requires the utmost attention of the user. In this article, we will be discussing how to configure Zimbra Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2019.
What is the need to configure Zimbra Mail in Outlook 2019?
Working individuals often use multiple email accounts. Outlook allows them to manage all accounts in a much better manner. It is essential to have knowledge about the reasons behind the need to configure Zimbra Mail in Outlook-
- Outlook provides users to organize emails and other data easily.
- It comes with an advanced level of security and privacy features which are a top priority for any user in these technologically advanced times.
- You can work in Outlook even without any internet connectivity with its offline mode of files.
- Outlook has a much wider user base when compared to Zimbra Mail. It gives more accessibility and acceptability.
How to configure Zimbra Mail in Outlook 2019?
Zimbra Mail relies heavily on IMAP email protocol for the transfer of all its emails. To add any email account in Outlook, it can be configured manually. This involves entering all the necessary details related to the mail account and setting up the correct IMAP ports for an uninterrupted transfer of emails.
Follow these steps to configure your Zimbra mail account to Outlook 2019-
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your system and click on ‘File.’
- Click on ‘Account Settings’ under the same header.
- An option to set up Outlook to connect to an email account will appear and click on ‘Yes’ to proceed with that.
- Click on the ‘Manual Setup or Additional Server type settings’ option and select ‘Next.’
- Enter all the necessary credentials- Name, Email Address, Account type, Username, Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server, etc.
- After entering all the details, click on the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Select ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication’ under the ‘Outgoing Server’ section.
- Check all the boxes for ‘Use same settings as incoming mail server.’
- In the ‘Incoming Server,’ change the port number to 993.
- For the ‘Outgoing Server,’ switch to the port to 587.
- Finally, click on ‘Next & Finish,’ and the configuration will be successfully completed.
How to back up your Zimbra Mail data?
It is a wise choice to keep a backup of all your Zimbra Mail contents to avoid any loss of data even in the worst situations. This can be achieved by using the Kernel IMAP Backup to ensure the backup of single or multiple IMAP server mailboxes.
Some of the prominent features of the Kernel IMAP Backup software are-
- The tool efficiently backs up single or multiple IMAP mailboxes.
- It supports various IMAP servers, including Zimbra, Yahoo, Gmail, Zoho Mail, Amazon WorkMail, AOL, Outlook, etc.
- The data can be saved into various formats like PST, DOC, EML, PDF, HTML, DOCX, MSG, and MHT.
- Due to the advanced algorithms involved, the data is securely and safely backed up.
- The software is well compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system.
- The backup procedure is simple and helpful to all kinds of users with its straightforward interface. In addition, users can save IMAP data to PST in 3 simple steps.
Zimbra email account must be configured in Outlook 2019 to manage data smoothly. This process is lengthy which needs the user’s attention. To back up all the important Zimbra emails, you can take the help of a professional tool like the Kernel for IMAP Backup, which is among the top 5 backup tools for IMAP users.