Read time 3 minutes
This article provides a step-by-step guide for troubleshooting Network and Internet issues in Windows 7 using the built-in Troubleshooting utility. It covers various scenarios, from internet connections to network adapters, offering effective solutions for each. Follow the outlined steps to automatically resolve any encountered problems.
Windows 7, the most recent operating system developed by Microsoft Corporation, boasts a range of innovative features designed to deliver an impeccable user experience. Among these features is the Troubleshooting utility, a tool that enables automatic resolution of various operating system-related issues. This article guides you through the process of addressing Network and Internet-related problems in Windows 7 using the Troubleshooting utility. Should you encounter any difficulties, such as accessing a shared folder, sharing a folder on the network, or connecting to the Internet, follow these steps to automatically rectify the issue:
- Click Start > Control Panel. The Control Panel window appears.
- Double-click the Troubleshooting option.
- Double-click the Network and Internet option. The Network and Internet Troubleshooting window appears where following options are provided for you to fix the Network and Internet related issues:
- To automatically resolve the issue, simply double-click the relevant option. For instance, if Windows 7 is experiencing difficulty detecting network adapters, double-click the “Network Adapter” option.
- Once the Network Adapter troubleshooting wizard appears, proceed by clicking the “Next” button within the wizard. You will then be prompted to choose a network adapter for diagnosis.
- Choose the network adapter and then proceed by clicking the Next button. The Windows 7 Troubleshooting tool initiates the diagnostic process.
- Once the diagnosis is complete, you will be sent a message outlining the identified issue along with any recommended steps for resolution. If a suggestion is provided, please proceed to implement it in order to address the issue.
- After the Windows 7 Troubleshooting utility successfully resolves the issue, you will see a message on your computer screen confirming that the Troubleshooting process has finished.
- Click the Close button to exit the Network Adapter troubleshooting wizard.
This is how you can resolve the Network and Internet related issues by using the Troubleshooting utility.
Windows recovery software helps to recover files and folders from the FAT and NTFS partitions of Windows. Accurate and result-oriented data recovery from Windows partitions which are corrupt, formatted, damaged, and re-formatted, deleted and lost.
Read Also : Change the way files to be shared in a Homegroup – Windows 7