Read time 5 minutes
Summary: The content discusses the features of Nikon DSLR cameras and reasons for photo deletion. It suggests using Kernel Photo Recovery software to recover deleted photos from Nikon cameras and emphasizes the importance of preserving precious memories.
There are countless cameras available, yet only a select few can match the capabilities of a Nikon DSLR camera. Owning a Nikon Digital SLR camera opens up opportunities to elevate your photography to unprecedented heights. With a Nikon DSLR in hand, you needn’t fear losing your cherished photos, although, like any mechanical device, accidents can happen. In such instances, it’s crucial to understand how to retrieve deleted photos from a Nikon DSLR, whether they are in JPEG or NEF formats. These cameras distinguish themselves from the competition for several compelling reasons, including:
- Some of the Nikon Digital SLR’s most popular models include the DSLR D4, DSLR D5, DSLR D90, DSLR D600, DSLR D800, DSLR D850, DSLR D3100, DSLR D3200, DSLR D3400, DSLR D3500, DSLR D5100, DSLR D5200, DSLR D5600, and DSLR D7000, among others.
- Nikon Digital SLR cameras can record the pictures in the file formats:
- NEF (RAW)
- NEF (RAW) + JPEG
- The camera uses SD and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards as its storage media.
- NEF stands as a specialized RAW format specifically designed for Nikon DSLR cameras. Consequently, you may need a converter solution to view your NEF RAW images on a Windows computer.
There are various factors contributing to the removal of these photos. The rationales behind their deletion can be outlined as follows:
- You’ve removed those photos or specific file formats from the SD card in your camera.
- In the event of potential corruption or virus infection affecting the SD card, there is a risk of losing the stored photos.
- During the process of transferring photos from your Nikon camera to your Windows computer, an interruption could potentially result in the loss of the picture.
- Every camera appears to include a “Format Card” feature. If this feature is inadvertently activated, there is a risk of losing your photos from a Nikon SD Card.
If you already have lost your pictures, you will need to recover them via third-party software on Windows PC such as Kernel Photo Recovery software.
Please be aware that you should refrain from writing to the SD card until you have completed a Nikon photo recovery for your lost photos.
Here, are the Steps to Recover Deleted Photos from Nikon Camera using Kernel Photo Recovery:
- Launch the Kernel Photo Recovery software, choose the desired drive from the ‘Select Drive for Recovery’ section, and then proceed by clicking the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, select the files extension for the recovery that you desire, and now you will need to click on Next.Note: Please be aware that you can readily adjust the file size to meet your specific needs. The tool is designed to automatically recover images with a maximum size of 20480kb, and you can customize this size limit to align with your preferences in the ‘Settings’ section.
- As the drive has finished the scanning process, you are now capable of previewing the files by selecting a file type from the left pane.
Please keep in mind: When you double-click on a photo, you can view a more detailed preview of those files that you have recovered.
- To begin, choose the particular photos you’d like to restore, then click the “Save” button. You can save all your images by selecting the “Save All” option. After completing these steps, you will encounter the following window. Please pick your desired destination.
- Click Ok. And then you have recovered those photos.
Photographs hold significant meaning as they forever capture cherished memories, be it from weddings, birthdays, or anniversaries. Preserving these memories is essential, as they shape our identity. This becomes especially evident when we use Nikon cameras, known for their exceptional quality. Nonetheless, there are instances where we inadvertently lose these precious photos, whether through our own mishaps or unforeseen accidents. This underscores the importance of discovering the necessary steps for recovering deleted photos from a Nikon camera. And that is where Kernel Photo recovery software comes in handy. With the help of this software even you can recover deleted photos from SD card, USB, Pen-drive, CD, etc. If you are not convinced about buying, why don’t you try out the trial version of the software?