Read time 3 minutes
The article explores the advantages of PDF over Microsoft Word, including compatibility, security, file size, and portability. It recommends “Kernel for Word to PDF” for efficient conversion and concludes that PDF is superior for secure document sharing and conversion.
Microsoft Word is a widely favored word processing application renowned for its ability to produce high-quality printable content. Meanwhile, the Portable Document Format (PDF), developed by Adobe, serves as a popular format for creating and exchanging documents. While many individuals utilize Word for crafting reports and sharing information, PDF is often chosen for information exchange. In this blog post, we will explore several compelling reasons that prompt users to opt for a Word to PDF converter.
The following are the disadvantages of a MS Word document:
- Limited compatibility: MS Word exhibits compatibility issues with various MS Word formats and software versions, causing delays in communication between two MS Word users.
- Less Security Options: MS Word format lacks essential security features. Users are unable to assign passwords to their data when it is saved in PDF format.
- Heavy and bulky size: The MS Word format tends to be larger in file size when compared to the PDF format, and it lacks any built-in option for compressing files to reduce their size.
- Distorted data structure: Divergent page settings between two MS Word users can disrupt the formatting and structure of data during email exchanges.
These are some advantages of PDF file format during information exchange over a network:
- More options: The PDF file format offers users a broader range of options, including free tools for retrieving and viewing created information, as well as the ability to compress data efficiently.
- Security: In the PDF format, users have the capability to assign passwords to their data, and PDF files cannot be edited without leaving an electronic footprint. This enhanced security feature makes PDF an ideal choice for safeguarding information. It’s worth noting that even the US federal government often relies on this file format for sending and receiving confidential information.
- A very light file format: The PDF format is significantly lighter than MS Word, being approximately 25% lighter in terms of file size. This attribute results in quicker download and attachment times, making it a more efficient choice for sharing documents.
- Portability: PDF files are highly portable and compatible with various software versions and operating systems. A Windows-based PDF file can be seamlessly used on Unix or Macintosh-based operating systems, ensuring broad accessibility across different platforms.
If you’ve accumulated a substantial amount of information in Word format, you can easily convert it into PDF using software such as “Kernel for Word to PDF.” This tool efficiently converts MS Word files into Adobe PDF files, simplifying the process of creating PDF documents from your Word content.
PDF indeed provides significant advantages over document files, thanks to its read-only environment and enhanced security when sharing files. To preserve the structure of Word files in the PDF format, you can utilize Kernel Word to PST Converter software. This tool allows you to convert multiple Word files into PDF simultaneously, offering top-notch conversion services and a range of features for efficiently converting multiple Word files to PDF format.