Zimbra is a well-known software serving as an email server and web client. Office 365 is also a well-known cloud application, but it’s far more popular than Zimbra. It is better that you migrate your Zimbra items to Office 365 for a better experience; there are several reasons to shift to Office 365. It is known and quite acceptable that there is no comparison between both applications because Zimbra is also as useful as Office 365. Just like Office 365, Zimbra is also accessible from anywhere but the type of feasibility, flexibility, integration and wide range of features Office 365 provides is not easy to find anywhere. Office 365 also provides the ease of access to other MS Office applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc.
After knowing such benefits of migration from Zimbra to Office 365, if you too want to migrate your items to Office, then this blog is going to explain the whole process it involves step by step.
Zimbra to Office 365 migration with Kernel IMAP to Office 365
Kernel IMAP to Office 365 is a perfect tool to perform this migration. Here are the steps you need to follow to perform the successful migration. Install and run the software and start from step
- On the first page, you need to click Add button to add IMAP files for migration.
- In the next step, select your email client and enter the credentials like Server Name, Email id, Password, and Port Number. Check the box Use SSL Connection, and on the right-hand side, you will get the details of your account. Finally, click on Add to proceed.
- Now, for the second step, you need to click on Add button under Step 2 to add Office 365 mailboxes.
- Now add your mail details like email Id and Password, select Single/Archive Mailbox for single mailbox and List all Mailboxes using above credentials (Use Global Administrator login details) for multiple mailboxes from Office 365. Here we have opted for Single/Archive Mailbox.
- At this stage, you will see both the source mailbox and the destination mailbox. Select the mailbox and map them and click on Set Filter and Migrate.
- Now provide a destination in the mailbox and click on Migrate.
- Now on the page of filter selection, apply the desired filters and click on I am Ok, Start Migration.
- Wait till the process is completed and click on Ok after completion.
- Once all steps are executed successfully, you will get a CSV report generated right after the completion.
This blog is dedicated to the Migration of IMAP Mailbox to Office 365; the main focus is on Zimbra. The blog tells how you can migrate Zimbra to Office with the help of Kernel IMAP to Office 365. There are several benefits of using Kernel as the migration tool and those are; you can migrate single and multiple mailboxes, can perform incremental mailbox migration, you can use CSV file for the mailbox migration, and much more exciting features.